Tom Thacker (musician)
Thacker performing with Sum 41 in 2010
|Birth name||Thomas Arnold Thacker|
|Also known as||Brown Tom, T'Aint|
April 11, 1974|
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, keyboards|
|Labels||Aquarius, Island, Hopeless|
Thomas Arnold Thacker (born April 11, 1974) is the lead guitarist, lead singer and co-founder for Canadian punk rock group Gob, as well as a producer. He is also one of the guitarists in the band Sum 41. Thacker formed Gob with Theo Goutzinakis in 1993. After already being a touring member of Sum 41 since 2006, Thacker became the lead guitarist, keyboardist and backing vocalist for the band in 2009 and is currently serving as both the lead and rhythm guitarist since Dave Baksh returned to the band in 2015.
Thacker is one of the vocalists and guitarists in the punk rock band Gob. He formed the band with Theo Goutzinakis, Wolfman Pat Integrity on drums, and Kelly Macaulay on bass. They released their self-titled EP in 1994. Since signing a deal with Nettwerk and EMI, the band has released six studio albums. The current bassist and drummer, Steven Fairweather and Gabe Mantle, joined the band after the band went through several other bassists.
Sum 41 (2006–present)
On June 26, 2009, in a special chat taking place on the website AbsolutePunk.net, Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley made it clear that Thacker was now an official member of the band and not just a touring member. On July 20, 2009, Steve Jocz of Sum 41 stated on the band's official website that the band finished all their tour dates for 2009 and confirmed that Thacker will be appearing on the upcoming Sum 41 album.
Other musical projects
Under the name Tommy, Tom Thacker played drums in the Canadian pop punk The McRackins for their 1995 album What Came First?. He returned again to play on their 1999 release Comicbooks and Bubblegum.
On September 2, 2011, in an interview with Todd Morse of The Operation M.D., he said that the band plans to go on their first ever European tour in December, with possibly Tom Thacker playing lead guitar. Matt Brann is rumored to join the touring line-up on drums. In an interview with Thacker, he has confirmed that he was the one to suggest Cone and Todd to tour with the Operation M.D. in the winter, after Sum 41 cancelled all their tour dates for the rest of 2011.
In 2013 Thacker played 2 shows with The Offspring filling in for Todd Morse. In July and August 2017 he has been touring with The Offspring again filling in for Noodles
- Gob (1994)
- Too Late... No Friends (1995)
- How Far Shallow Takes You (1998)
- World According to Gob (2001)
- Foot in Mouth Disease (2003)
- Muertos Vivos (2007)
- Gob documentary (2012)
- Apt. 13 (2014)
- All the Good Shit (2009) - live tracks
- Screaming Bloody Murder (2011) - co-wrote the first single
- Live at the House of Blues, Cleveland 9.15.07 (2011)
- 13 Voices (2016)
- Various Artists - FUBAR: The Album (2002)
- By a Thread (2011) (producer)
- Floodlight (2009) (producer)
- Steven Fairweather (2014) (producer)
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090414071938/http://www.orlandofloridaguide.com/entertainment/music/bands/gob/interview.htm. Archived from the original on April 14, 2009. Retrieved October 21, 2009. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090429034506/http://theresnosolution.com/en/. Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved June 29, 2009. Missing or empty
- "Island | Island Def Jam". Islandrecords.com. Archived from the original on 2009-07-24. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- "Operation MD France - Interview de Todd Morse à Paris". YouTube. 2011-09-02. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120402045705/http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14386&view=unread. Archived from the original on April 2, 2012. Retrieved September 21, 2011. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tom Thacker.|
| Guitarist for Sum 41|