|Genres||Alternative Rock, Electronic, indie, underground, folklore|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, drums, synthesizer, moog, mellotron, Theremin, bass guitar, programming|
Tom Ugly (born 1991) is an Australian musician, singer-songwriter and producer. The self-titled debut Tom Ugly EP reached No. 3 on the AIR Singles Chart and No. 23 on the ARIA Physical Singles Chart, remaining on both charts for 11 consecutive weeks.
Tom Ugly first earned attention at the age of sixteen, when he and his band won the inaugural triple j Unearthed High competition in 2008 as [is]. The first radio-single Cult Romance went on to receive high rotation airplay and became one of triple j's most-played songs of all time, over the next few years. It was later released as an MP3 with over 35,000 downloads.
As time went on, a number of articles were written about this emerging artist and he was selected as one of triple j's feature artists for "Next Crop" with the next single Roll Again. Most notably, the Sydney Morning Herald who printed a full page article on their daily issue, posing the question of whether this act might become Australia's "next Silverchair?".
The self-titled debut Tom Ugly EP, released independently on 18 November 2011, featured four high rotation radio-singles, Cult Romance, Roll Again, Bad With Love and All I Wanna Know. It peaked at No. 23 on the ARIA Singles Chart and No. 3 on the AIR Singles Chart.
With the release of the EP, Tom Ugly toured around Australia, playing festivals and supporting headline acts such as Groove Armada at the Hordern Pavilion and Sia Furler at the Enmore Theatre as well as other acts including Simian Mobile Disco, Grinspoon, The Grates, Children Collide, Art vs. Science, Evermore, etc. He recently performed an exclusive show at Sydney's Apple Store, released a collaborative single with Australian hip hop artist Pez and just released a new Single / Music Video Slowly ] which catalogues his time during the recording his upcoming debut LP.
- Tom Ugly EP 
- Winner of the 2006 Billy Hyde Drum Championships
- 2x Winner at the 2007 JB Hi-Fi Awards, Best Alternative Rock Song - "Someone Sued Superman" and Best Artist - Tom Ugly.
- Winner of 2008 triple j inaugural Unearthed High Competition
- 2009 Finalist of the International Songwriting Competition - Bad With Love
- 2009 Finalist at the Vanda & Young Songwriting Awards and;
- 2009 Qantas SOYA Awards - Finalist (Music)
- 2011 Finalist of the International Songwriting Competition - I Was Somebody Else - ft. Pez
- 2011 Finalist of the International Songwriting Competition - Don't Clone Me EP (soon to be released)