Weston has a long history as a commercial litigator. He was appointed Queen's Counsel in 1999, and later that year was appointed to the Rules Committee, the body responsible for setting court rules. He was reappointed in 2002 for a further term of three years.
In 2006, he was appointed a part-time judge of the Cook Islands High Court and Court of Appeal. On 13 May 2010 he was appointed Chief Justice of the Cook Islands, replacing his legal partner David Williams.
- Vincent, David; Weston, Tom (1981). Too Lost to Land. Mumbles Road. ISBN 0473001160.
- Weston, Tom (1982). The Red Orchestra. Griffin Press. ISBN 0959765301.
- Weston, Tom (1996). The Ambiguous Companion. Hazard Press. ISBN 1877161047.
- Weston, Tom (2004). Naming the Mind Like Trees. Steele Roberts Publishing Limited. ISBN 1877338230.
- Weston, Tom (2008). Small Humours of Daylight. Steele Roberts Publishing Limited. ISBN 1877448214.
- Weston, Tom (2014). Only One Question. Steele Roberts Aotearoa. ISBN 9781927242582.
- Sheard, Denis; Weston, Tom; Riordan, Pheasant; New Zealand Law Society; Bank of New Zealand (1990). Taking Control: A Seminar on Loss Prevention and Risk Management. New Zealand Law Society.
- Dean, Miriam Rose; Weston, Tom; Butterworths of New Zealand; New Zealand Law Society (2001). Competition Law Update. New Zealand Law Society.
- Land, John; Weston, Tom; New Zealand Law Society (2012). Competition Law: Must Knows. New Zealand Law Society.
- "Weston, Tom". New Zealand Book Council. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Mr Thomas (Tom) Weston QC". New Zealand Bar Association. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Tom Weston QC". Bankside Chambers. Retrieved 14 May 2010.
- "Queens Counsel Appts". The New Zealand Gazette. 27 May 1999. Retrieved 14 May 2010.
- "Judicature Appointments Rules". The New Zealand Gazette. 12 August 1999. Retrieved 14 May 2010.
- "Reappointment to the Rules Committee,Thomas Crowley Weston QC". The New Zealand Gazette. 11 July 2002. Retrieved 14 May 2010.
- "New Chief Justice sworn in". Cook Islands News. 14 May 2010. Retrieved 21 May 2010.
- Brazier, Graham (14 July 2008). "Poignant and heart-shaped words". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- Tom Weston QC at Bankside Chambers.
|This Cook Islands biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New Zealand law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|