|Born||1953 (age 69–70)|
|Known for||UFC Canada|
Thomas E. S. Wright (born 1953) is the 11th commissioner of the Canadian Football League (CFL), appointed to the position on November 2, 2002. He was the UFCs Director of Operations for Canada, Australia and New Zealand until October 19, 2016, when he announced he was no longer with the organisation. Prior to his role with the CFL and UFC, Wright was the president of Adidas Canada and president and CEO of Salomon Group North America. He is involved in several charitable organizations, and is the chairman of Special Olympics Canada.
Wright attended Upper Canada College, the University of Toronto and York University earning a Bachelor of Physical Education and a Master of Business Administration. His wife Ginnie Grand Wright's family were the founders and former owners of office supply chain Grand & Toy. He was born in Toronto, Ontario.
Wright's tenure with the CFL was largely successful, however, several members of the board were said to be dissatisfied and wanted him replaced. It was announced on July 5, 2006, that Wright had informed the CFL that he would not be seeking a contract extension as league commissioner, thus ending his tenure as the 11th CFL commissioner. On March 28, 2007, Mark Cohon was officially announced as Wright's successor as league commissioner.
On May 25, 2010, the Ultimate Fighting Championship announced Wright as the director of operations for UFC Canada. On October 19, 2016, the UFC's Canadian office in Toronto experienced massive layoffs, with approximately 80 percent of the department being let go including Tom Wright.
- "Brydon: UFC takes the Wright approach - sportsnet.ca". Archived from the original on 2010-05-30.
- Campbell, Morgan (19 October 2016). "UFC slashes its Canadian operations, cuts Tom Wright | Toronto Star". The Toronto Star. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "CFL.ca – Official site of the Canadian Football League". CFL.ca. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "SportsBusiness Journal". www.sportsbusinessdaily.com. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Balsillie finally applies to NHL for relocation". CBC. June 2, 2009. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "UFC to open Toronto office; ex-CFL Commish Tom Wright named UFC-Canada head | MMAjunkie.com". Archived from the original on 2010-05-27. Retrieved 2010-05-25.
- Helwani, Ariel (2016-10-19). "Canadian exec Wright among latest UFC layoffs". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2016-10-21.