Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon
|Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon|
|Directed by||Spike Brandt|
|Produced by||Spike Brandt|
|Screenplay by||Brian Swenlin|
|Based on||Tom and Jerry by|
William Hanna & Joseph Barbera
Dee Bradley Baker
|Music by||Michael Tavera|
|Edited by||Kyle Stafford|
|Distributed by||Warner Home Video|
Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon is a 2014 animated fantasy comedy direct-to-video film starring Tom and Jerry, produced by Warner Bros. Animation. Directed and produced by Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone, it premiered on July 27, 2014, at San Diego Comic-Con International. It is the first Tom and Jerry direct-to-video film to be distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment in Japan. It was originally released digitally on August 19, 2014, to be followed by a DVD release on September 2, 2014.
The film begins showing wizard Kaldorf expelling a powerful witch named Drizelda from a village. Kaldorf allows Drizelda's niece Athena to stay. The elf villagers fear she will turn out like her aunt because she keeps vermin (Jerry) and has an affection for cats (Tom). The cat and mouse are babies and Athena is only a young barefoot girl.
The film fast forwards to Tom and Jerry chasing each other, as they usually do, and Athena takes care of many hurted animals, until the three happen to come across a mysterious glowing egg. What neither of them know is that this egg was stolen from a very large, fire-breathing dragon. In a short time, a baby dragon named Puffy hatches from this egg and believes that Tom is his mother, and the three take good care of him.
However, Puffy's real mother is angered that her baby is missing and wants him back, but before Tom, Jerry and Athena can even try to find her, Drizelda returns and captures Puffy, intending to use him for her own wicked plans—she is trying to steal his heat to become a super-dragon herself and destroy everything in the village. With the help of powerful allies and animal friends, Tom, Jerry and Athena must work together and fight tooth and claw to stop the witch and get Puffy back to his mother, eventually, Drizelda was turned into a statue, and the villagers, Tom, Jerry, Kaldorf and even Athena are having a happy singing party.
- Spike Brandt (uncredited) as Tom Cat
- Colleen Villard (uncredited) as Jerry Mouse
- Kelly Stables as Athena and Puffy
- Vicki Lewis as Drizelda, Athena's aunt and the main antagonist
- Jim Cummings as Kaldorf
- Laraine Newman as Emily, the Elf Elder's Wife
- Greg Ellis as Tin
- Jess Harnell as Pan
- Richard McGonagle as Alley
- Wayne Knight as The Elf Elder
- Dee Bradley Baker as Buster and Elf Boy
As of March 6, 2020 the movie has a 5.9/10 on IMDb (Internet Movie Database) indicating "mixed or average reviews".
Tom and Jerry: Spy Quest was released on June 23, 2015.
- "Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon". Barnes & Noble. Retrieved February 7, 2015.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (June 26, 2014). "'Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon' Hits Shelves Sept. 2". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- Gallagher, Brian (July 13, 2014). "Comic-Con 2014 Schedule for Sunday, July 27th". MovieWeb. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- "Tom and Jerry: The Lost Dragon". Common Sense Media. Retrieved March 6, 2020.
|This article related to a Tom and Jerry animated film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|