Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers|
|Distributor(s)||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers is a fighting video game developed by VIS Entertainment, published by NewKidCo in North America and Ubisoft in Europe and distributed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for the PlayStation 2, GameCube and Xbox.
It is the sequel to the 3D cartoon fighting video game Tom and Jerry in Fists of Furry for the Nintendo 64 and Microsoft Windows. It allows up to 4 players to play simultaneously. It was. It was the only NewKidCo game ever released to receive a T rating. The GameCube and Xbox versions were never released outside of America.
The objective of the game is to defeat your opponent in a set amount of time and rounds. There are three types of gameplay. One is Challenge mode, where the player fights a certain set of characters (The opponents are the enemies of the character chosen from classic Tom and Jerry cartoons) until either Monster Jerry, a bigger and scary mutated Jerry, or Robot Cat, one of Tom's creations, is fought and knocked-out. Another is Vs., where a basic one-on-one fight is held. The last is Tag Battle, where a player work by himself or with a friend to fight two enemies.
The four modes of play are single player, versus, tag team, and team play. New characters are unlocked if the player wins against the computer. Characters include Tom, Jerry, Butch, Spike, Tyke, Robot Cat, Eagle, Lion, Nibbles, Monster Jerry, and Duckling, who use more than 75 weapons to beat each other with. Costumes are also unlocked, allowing specific characters to have more attire. 12 destructible environments include a kitchen, beach, snowy winter, cruise ship, junk yard, unstable construction site, Italian market, haunted house, mad scientist lab, western town, castle, Hell, and a boxing arena.
The game received "mixed" reviews on all platforms according to the review aggregation website Metacritic. In Japan, Famitsu gave the PlayStation 2 version a score of two sixes, one five, and one four for a total of 21 out of 40. Nintendo Power gave the GameCube version a score of 3.2 out of 5, nearly a year and a half after said console version was released.
- "Tom & Jerry: Hige Hige Daisensou (PS2)". Famitsu. 789. January 30, 2004.
- "Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers (PS2)". GamesMaster. 2003.
- Provo, Frank (July 8, 2002). "Tom and Jerry: War of the Whiskers [sic] Review (PS2)". GameSpot. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- Tha Wiz (February 6, 2003). "Tom and Jerry In War of the Whiskers - PS2 - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on October 4, 2008. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- Roper, Chris (November 30, 2002). "Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers (PS2)". IGN. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "Tom and Jerry in War of the Whiskers". Nintendo Power. 178: 122. April 2004.
- Nardozzi, Dale (January 26, 2004). "Tom and Jerry: War of the Whiskers [sic] Review (Xbox)". TeamXbox. Archived from the original on January 13, 2011. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "Tom & Jerry in War of the Whiskers for GameCube Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "Tom & Jerry in War of the Whiskers for PlayStation 2 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "Tom & Jerry in War of the Whiskers for Xbox Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
|This fighting game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|