|Born||1977 (age 40–41)
Washington, D.C., United States
Reid grew up in Washington, D.C. and attended University of Maryland, College Park earning a Bachelor of Music, her schooling continued at DePaul University where she received a Master of Music. Reid taught middle and high school orchestra at the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools for seven years before beginning her Doctor of Music from University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign. Reid is associated and performed with groups including Mike Reed's Loose Assembly, Chicago Jazz Philharmonic and the Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians' Great Black Music Ensemble.
- Murphy, Meaghan (2014-04-01). "Classical Act". Southsideweekly.com. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- "Tomeka Reid | People Issue 2013". People2013.chicagoreader.com. 2013-12-12. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- "Mike Reed's Loose Assembly Discography". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- Galil, Leor. "Three Beats: Cellist Tomeka Reid steps out with Hear in Now | Three Beats". Chicagoreader.com. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- Howard Reich (2010-09-15). "The luminous art of cellist Tomeka Reid - tribunedigital-chicagotribune". Articles.chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2015-06-18.