Tommaso (2019 film)
|Directed by||Abel Ferrara|
|Written by||Abel Ferrara|
|Music by||Joe Delia|
|Edited by||Fabio Nunziata|
|Distributed by||Kino Lorber|
Tommaso is a 2019 internationally co-produced drama film, written and directed by Abel Ferrara. It stars Willem Dafoe. The film had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on 20 May 2019. It was released in the United States on 5 June 2020 by Kino Lorber.
The story of an American artist living in Rome with his young European wife and their 3-year-old daughter.
- Willem Dafoe as Tommaso
- Cristina Chiriac as Nikki
- Anna Ferrara as Deedee
- Stella Mastrantonio
- Alessandro Prato
The film had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival in the Special Screenings section on 20 May 2019. In January 2020, Kino Lorber acquired U.S. distribution rights to the film. It was released in the United States on 5 June 2020.
The film holds a 79% approval rating on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, based on 69 reviews, with a weighted average of 7.00/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "While admittedly a self-indulgent exercise, Tommaso is powerfully anchored by an outstanding central performance from Willem Dafoe." On Metacritic, it holds a rating of 66 out of 100, based on 19 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
- "Tommaso (2019)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved 7 January 2021.
- "Tommaso (2019)". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- "Cannes festival 2019: full list of films". The Guardian. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- Vlessing, Etan (22 January 2020). "Abel Ferrara's 'Tommaso,' 'The Projectionist' Land at Kino Lorber (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 7 June 2020.
- Barfield, Charles (15 May 2020). "'Tommaso' Trailer: Willem Dafoe & Abel Ferrara's Latest Collaboration Arrives In June". The Playlist. Retrieved 7 June 2020.
- "Tommaso (2020)". The Numbers. Nash Information Services. Retrieved 7 January 2021.
- "Tommaso Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 7 January 2021.