Campbell with the Tennessee Titans in 2013.
|No. 25 Calgary Stampeders|
|Date of birth:||September 19, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Aliquippa, Pennsylvania|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||198 lb (90 kg)|
|High school:||Aliquippa (PA)|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 7 / Pick: 251|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Tommie James Campbell (born September 19, 1987) is an American football cornerback for the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft.
High school career
He went on to play college football at Pitt (2005–2006), Edinboro University (2007), and California (PA) (2010). Academic problems ended his playing career at Pitt and Edinboro, and he was working as a janitor at Pittsburgh International Airport from 2008 to 2009. Campbell was afforded a third chance to play college football by the California University of Pennsylvania. Campbell made good on the third opportunity. He appeared in all 12 games for California (Pa.). California coach John Luckhardt said that Campbell's life experiences had helped him mature and quipped, "One of the things he said was that cleaning toilets at 12 o'clock at night really got his attention." Campbell, in turn, has expressed his gratitude to Coach Luckhardt for giving him another chance: "Cal gave me another shot at pursuing my dream, which is to be a success in the NFL." Based on his comeback performance in 2010, Campbell was one of only eight Division II players to participate in the 2011 Eastham Energy All-Star Game in Arizona. He also participated in the Cactus Bowl (Division II All Star Game) in Texas. Campbell ran a 4.31 40-yard dash at the Cactus Bowl, ranking third among the 300-plus prospects at the event.
- Campbell drafted by the Titans
- "Aliquippa's Campbell took long route to NFL Draft". Beaver County Times. May 1, 2011.
- "Campbell commits to Harris, Pitt: Six-foot-four Aliquippa star to join Lay, Revis in Oakland". Beaver County Times. December 1, 2004.
- Dave Mackall (August 18, 2005). "Campbell making fast impression". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- "Tommie Campbell's road to redemption". Beaver County Times. August 23, 2011.
- "Midas touch". Allegheny Times. May 17, 2005.("Campbell has six career WPIAL medals spread over football (one), basketball (one), and track (four).")
- "Titans wrap up draft, picking DB Tommie Campbell". WKRN-TV Nashville. May 1, 2011.
- Jake Stark (August 17, 2011). "Campbell Hoping to Become Another 7th-Round Pick that Sticks". Titans Online.
- Alper, Josh. "Jaguars sign Tommie Campbell, place Alan Ball on injured reserve". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- Oehser, John (August 29, 2015). "Jaguars trim roster to 75 players". Jaguars.com. Retrieved August 29, 2015.