Hoban playing for Watford in 2012
|Full name||Thomas Michael Hoban|
|Date of birth||24 January 1994|
|Place of birth||Walthamstow, England|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2012||→ Wealdstone (loan)||7||(0)|
|2016–2017||→ Blackburn Rovers (loan)||16||(1)|
|2010–2011||Republic of Ireland U17||6||(0)|
|2012||Republic of Ireland U19||1||(1)|
|2014–2016||Republic of Ireland U21||11||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 06:58, 8 May 2017 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21:25, 13 January 2016 (UTC)
Thomas Michael "Tommie" Hoban (also spelt as Tommy or Tom; born 24 January 1994) is a professional footballer who plays for Watford, as a central defender, and can also play as a full-back. Hoban has represented the Republic of Ireland at youth international level.
Born in Walthamstow, England, Hoban grew up in the Chingford and Woodford Green area. He joined Arsenal's youth system at the age of 7 and was released at 14. Following his release eight clubs expressed an interest in Hoban, and from them he and his family selected Watford based on location and the recommendation of an Arsenal coach.
Hoban made his senior debut for Watford on 7 May 2011, in their final game of the 2010–11 season against Preston North End coming on for Martin Taylor in the first half. He turned professional three days later.
Hoban was born in England but qualifies to play for the Republic of Ireland through his Dublin-born mother. His paternal grandparents are also Irish. Hoban has represented Ireland at under-17 level, captained the under-19s and played for the under-21s.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Blackburn Rovers (loan)||2016–17||16||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||16||1|
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 25. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 August 2014. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Tommie Hoban". 11v11. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 547. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- Frank Smith (20 January 2013). "Watford defender Tommie Hoban believes his release by Arsenal was a blessing in disguise". Watford Observer.
- Watford F.C. profile
- Frank Smith (10 May 2011). "Watford first-year scholar Tommie Hoban latest academy product to sign pro deal". Watford Observer.
- "Watford defender Tommie Hoban makes loan move to Ryman Premier Division Wealdstone". Watford Observer. 2 February 2012.
- "First Team 2011-12". 28 August 2011.
- Giuseppe Muro (4 January 2013). "Tommie Hoban rocking but he won’t let big guns knock him off course". London Evening Standard.
- "Watford defender Tommie Hoban a doubt for Birmingham City clash after suffering a recurrence of an ankle problem". Watford Observer. 14 February 2013.
- "Blackburn Rovers sign Watford's Tommie Hoban and Bristol City's Derrick Williams". 26 August 2016 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Nottingham Forest 0-1 Blackburn". BBC. 14 April 2017. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
- "Hornet Hoban so proud to wear the green ". Irish Examiner. 11 October 2012. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- "Hoban plays as Irish pegged back". Watford Observer. 1 June 2012. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- Tommie Hoban at Soccerbase
- Tommie Hoban at Soccerway