|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Number of locations
|160 (November 2015)|
Tommy Bahama is a Seattle-based manufacturer of casual, men's and women's sportswear and activewear, denim, swimwear, accessories, footwear and a complete home furnishings collection. The brand is owned by Atlanta-based Oxford Industries. Tommy Bahama is available at Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor and Belk along with resort locations around the world. There are over 160 company-owned Tommy Bahama retail stores worldwide, 16 of which include a Tommy Bahama restaurant and bar. In 2009, the Tommy Bahama Bar was opened at Yankee Stadium.
Tony Margolis, Bob Emfield, and their wives dreamed up the idea of "Tommy Bahama," a lifestyle of never leaving the beach. Basing clothing off of the concept, they founded Tommy Bahama Group, Inc. in 1991. In 2003, Tommy Bahama Group became fully owned by Oxford Industries, Inc.
The men's sportswear line includes Tommy Bahama Collection, Tommy Bahama Relax, and Tommy Bahama Denim; Women's products include sportswear, denim, and swimwear. In addition to company manufactured offering of sportswear, they license home indoor and outdoor furnishings, bedding and bath, lamps, rugs, ceiling fans, outdoor fabrics, wall coverings, sunglasses, optical eyewear, watches, umbrellas, luggage, hats, and men's and women's fragrances. The brand also licenses international entities to manufacture sportswear and operate Tommy Bahama's retail locations in Canada, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Japan, United Arab Emirates and Australia.
Tommy Bahama launched its own brand of rum in 2007. The line includes two varieties, White Sand, a light rum; and Golden Sun, an aged, dark rum. Both varieties are produced by R.L. Seale Distillery, which has been producing rum for more than 80 years in Barbados. Tommy Bahama Rum was awarded the Double Gold for Tommy Bahama Golden Sun and Gold for Tommy Bahama White Sands at the 2010 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. Liquor ratings aggregator Proof66.com places the White Sand and Golden Sun rums in its "Tier 1" category. This category indicates the "Highest Recommendation." 
- Indigo palms, brand name created by Tommy Bahama
- "Company Information". Tommy Bahama. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- Tommy Bahama Rum
- Proof66 Summary Page for White Sand Rum http://www.proof66.com/rum/tommy-bahama-white-sand-rum.html
- Proof66 Summary Page for Golden Sun Rum http://www.proof66.com/rum/tommy-bahama-gold-rum.html
- Stiles, Marc (October 15, 2013). "Tommy Bahama moving headquarters to new Seattle building". Puget Sound Business Journal. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
- Stiles, Marc (September 25, 2015). "'The Hall' at 400 Fairview shows off its style and new tenants". Puget Sound Business Journal. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
- Official website
- Hoffman, Mike. "A Brand Is Born", Inc. Magazine, 1 December 2001.
- StarTribune "Tommy Bahama menswear brand had its roots in Minnesota 20 years ago", StarTribune.com,