|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2007)|
Number of locations
|89 (June 2009)|
Tommy Bahama is a Seattle-based manufacturer of casual, men's and women's sportswear and activewear, denim, swimwear, accessories, footwear and a complete home furnishings collection. The brand is owned by Atlanta-based Oxford Industries. Tommy Bahama is available at Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Sak's Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor and Belk along with resort locations around the world. There are over 130 company-owned Tommy Bahama retail stores nationwide, 14 of which include a Tommy Bahama's restaurant and bar. In 2009, the Tommy Bahama Bar was opened at Yankee Stadium.
The men's sportswear line includes Tommy Bahama Collection, Tommy Bahama Relax, and Tommy Bahama Denim; Women's products include sportswear, denim, and swimwear. In addition to company manufactured offering of sportswear, they license home indoor and outdoor furnishings, bedding and bath, lamps, rugs, ceiling fans, outdoor fabrics, wall coverings, sunglasses, optical eyewear, watches, umbrellas, luggage, hats, and men's and women's fragrances. The brand also licenses international entities to manufacture sportswear and operate Tommy Bahama's retail locations in Canada, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Japan, United Arab Emirates and Australia.
Tommy Bahama launched its own brand of rum in 2007. The line includes two varieties, White Sand, a light rum; and Golden Sun, an aged, dark rum. Both varieties are produced by R.L. Seale Distillery, which has been producing rum for more than 80 years in Barbados. Tommy Bahama Rum was awarded the Double Gold for Tommy Bahama Golden Sun and Gold for Tommy Bahama White Sands at the 2010 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. Liquor ratings aggregator Proof66.com places the White Sand and Golden Sun rums in its "Tier 1" category. This category indicates the "Highest Recommendation." 
- Oxford Industries Reports First Quarter Results -- First Quarter Adjusted EPS Increases to $1.07 versus Year Ago of $0.54 -- Raises Guidance for Fiscal 2011
- Tommy Bahama Rum
- Proof66 Summary Page for White Sand Rum http://www.proof66.com/rum/tommy-bahama-white-sand-rum.html
- Proof66 Summary Page for Golden Sun Rum http://www.proof66.com/rum/tommy-bahama-gold-rum.html
- Official website
- Hoffman, Mike. "A Brand Is Born", Inc. Magazine, 1 December 2001.
- StarTribune "Tommy Bahama menswear brand had its roots in Minnesota 20 years ago", StarTribune.com,