|Full name||Tommy Bechmann|
|Date of birth||22 December 1981|
|Place of birth||Aarhus, Denmark|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Left winger/Striker|
|2004||Denmark League XI||3||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 29 August 2015.
Early years of the career in Denmark
In the 2004–05 season, Bechmann moved abroad and signed with VfL Bochum, who played at that time still in the Bundesliga. At this time, there were two other Danish compatriots with Søren Colding and Peter Madsen under contract at the club from the Ruhr region (Ruhrgebiet). He gave his debut for the club on 7 August 2004, when he came on the opening day of the Bundesliga against Hertha BSC. He scored his is first goal for the Westphalians on 19 September 2004, when he marked the 1–0 lead in the match against SC Freiburg. At the end of the season, he had played 27 Bundesliga games, but the club was relegated to the 2. Bundesliga.
In the coming years, Bechmann could never achieve a regular starting place in Bochum, he wandered between the starting lineup and the bench due to injuries. After the 2005–06 season, which ended with Bochum's promotion to the Bundesliga, he had surgery on the knee and played only eleven times in the 2006–07 season. 2007–08, his last season in Bochum, was initially very successful, as he scored four goals in the first four games but he was injured again in the second half of the season.
After his contract expired in Bochum, he moved SC Freiburg who were playing in the second division. In his first season for the Breisgau side he scored seven goals and the club was promoted to the Bundesliga.
In 2011, Bechmann returned to his homeland and signed for Danish first division club SønderjyskE. On 17 July 2011, matchday one of the league, he made his starting eleven debut for the Slesvigers in a 0–2 defeat against FC Copenhagen. Bechmann made 25 appearances and scored five goals in league matches. In the following season he played 32 matches and scored eight goals.
- Esbjerg fB
- Danish Superliga topscorer: 2003–04
- "Tommy Bechmann". worldfootball.net. Retrieved 15 May 2010.
- "Bechmann i Bochum til sommer". bold.dk (in Danish). bold.dk Danmark ApS. 27 November 2003. Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "Schreck für Koller: Bechmann muss operiert werden". kicker online (in German). Olympia Verlag GmbH. 29 May 2006. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- "Bechmann wechselt nach Freiburg". kicker online (in German). Olympia Verlag GmbH. 21 May 2008. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- Danish national team profile (Danish)
- Danish Superliga statistics (Danish)
- SønderjyskE player profile (Danish)
- Tommy Bechmann at fussballdaten.de (German)