|No. 40 – Jacksonville Jaguars|
September 10, 1990 |
Cape Coral, Florida
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||246 lb (112 kg)|
|High school:||North Fort Myers (FL)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 7 / Pick: 215|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Thomas Grant Bohanon (born September 10, 1990) is an American football fullback and special teamer for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Wake Forest. He was drafted by the New York Jets in the seventh round, 215th overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.
Bohanon attended North Fort Myers high school in North Fort Myers, Florida. He earned all-district, all-conference and all-area honors in each of his final three years of high school. He was selected as named MVP of the Carrigan All-Star Football Classic in December 2008.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|North Fort Myers, Florida||North Fort Myers High School||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)||238 lb (108 kg)||4.7||Jul 1, 2008|
|Recruiting star ratings: Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 18 (FB) Rivals: -- National, 13 (FB), -- (Fla)|
He played college football at Wake Forest as a starting fullback. He finished his collegiate career with a total of 51 receptions, 405 receiving yards, seven receiving touchdowns, 160 rushing yards, and three career rushing touchdowns.
New York Jets
Bohanon was selected by the New York Jets in the seventh round with the 215th overall pick of the 2013 NFL Draft. On May 10, 2013, He signed a four-year deal with the team. Bohanon was the starting fullback for the New York Jets during the whole 2013 season, in which they surprised many with an 8-8 record despite not making the playoffs. Bohanon finished with 17 carries for 62 yards as well as 11 receptions for 69 yards. He also returned one kickoff for 15 yards. Bohanon gave the Jets a reliable receiver out of the backfield and a good short yardage back.
In Week 4 against the Detroit Lions, Bohanon suffered a broken collar bone, which required surgery, and forced him to the shelf for the remainder of the 2014 year. In four games, Bohanon ran for three yards and recorded 30 receiving yards.
Bohanon was the starting fullback for the Jets in 2015. He was the lead blocker to help Chris Ivory become the AFC's leading rusher with 1,070 rushing yards.
On September 3, 2016, Bohanon was released by the Jets as part of final roster cuts.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- "Wake Forest Demon Deacons Profile". wakeforestsports.com.
- "Tommy Bohanon College Statistics". sports-reference.com.
- "NFL Draft 2013: Jets select Wake Forest FB Tommy Bohanon with 7th round pick". nj.com. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- "Jets go with Wake Forest FB Tommy Bohanon in 7th round". foxnews.com. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- "Jets agree to terms with seventh-round pick FB Tommy Bohanon". nbcsports.com. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- Lange, Randy. "Jets Release 18 Players Ahead of Deadline". NewYorkJets.com.
- Crow, Alfie (April 17, 2017). "Jaguars sign Tommy Bohanon, Chris Ivory's former fullback". BigCatCountry.com.
- "Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans - September 10th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- "Jaguars' Tommy Bohanon: Reaches paydirt twice Sunday".