Clufetos performing with Black Sabbath in 2013
|Born||December 30, 1979|
Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
|Genres||Heavy metal, alternative metal, instrumental rock, hard rock|
|Associated acts||Ozzy Osbourne, Ted Nugent, Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, Black Sabbath|
Tommy Clufetos (born December 30, 1979) is an American session drummer most noted for his work with Black Sabbath during their Black Sabbath Reunion Tour, which highlighted their new album 13. He also toured with them on their final tour. Clufetos is also the drummer for vocalist Ozzy Osbourne.
Clufetos started playing drums at age seven and went on to join Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels (1999) before joining forces with Ted Nugent (2001-2003). He played on Craveman and Love Grenade. After Ted Nugent, Tommy went on to join Alice Cooper's Band for his 2004 tour. He also performed on Alice Cooper's 2004 release Dirty Diamonds. He went on to join Rob Zombie from 2005 to 2010, and played on Zombie's 2006 album Educated Horses, on Zombie's first live release, 2007's Zombie Live, and on 2010s Hellbilly Deluxe 2.
In March 2010 Clufetos quit Rob Zombie to join Ozzy Osbourne. "I have no problem with [Ozzy], nor with Tommy joining his band," said Zombie. "My beef was the way Tommy did it. If he'd come to me and said he wanted to leave, I'd have said that was fine and wished him all the best. He didn't."
In May 2012, Clufetos played with Black Sabbath, filling in for original drummer Bill Ward. However, he did not perform on their album 13, as Brad Wilk ended up behind the kit during the sessions. Clufetos returned to Sabbath in April 2013 for their North American tour, starting in Houston on July 25, 2013. Clufetos continued with Sabbath in 2014 with the first show at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, and the final show at Hyde Park, London. In 2015 Clufetos played with Ozzy Osbourne including Ozzfest Japan and others. In late 2015, Clufetos began rehearsals with Sabbath for their farewell tour simply titled "The End", starting on January 20, 2016 in Omaha, Nebraska through to a final show on February 4, 2017, at Birmingham England's Genting arena. He is thus featured on Sabbath's DVD The End.
- 2005: Dirty Diamonds
- 2008: Unbeautiful
- 2012: All Rise!
- 2016: The End
- 1999: Rock n' Roll Greats - In Concert - Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels
- 2001: Full Bluntal Nugity - Ted Nugent
- 2006: "Ozzfest: 10th Anniversary" - Rob Zombie
- 2008: IMV Behind the Player (instructional DVD) - Tommy makes an appearance on John 5's guitar instructional DVD for IMV
- 2008: IMV Behind the Player (instructional DVD) with Tommy Clufetos.
- 2010: IMV Behind the Player (instructional DVD) Tommy makes an appearance on Ace Frehley's instructional DVD on the song "Shock Me"
- 2013: Live... Gathered in Their Masses - Black Sabbath
- Karasinski, Christina Fuoco (9 February 2011). "Working with Ozzy Osbourne a dream come true for Rochester's Clufetos". Mlive.com. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Dome, Malcolm (March 2011). "Q&A: Rob Zombie". Classic Rock #155. p. 34.
- "Heavy Heart :: The Official Geezer Butler Website". 30 May 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-05-30. Retrieved 9 August 2020.
- "MEINL CYMBALS... INSPIRE: Artists : Tommy Clufetos". Archive.today. Archived from the original on 9 August 2020.
- "IMV - Guitar - John 5". 7 November 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-11-07. Retrieved 9 August 2020.
- http://www.imvdvd.com/tommy_clufetos.htm[permanent dead link]