|Birth name||Genesis Yasmine Mohanraj|
|Born||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
Genesis Yasmine Mohanraj, known professionally as Tommy Genesis is a Canadian rapper, model and visual artist. In 2016 Dazed magazine described her as "the internet's most rebellious underground rap queen." Her music has been noted for its experimental style and hyper sexual, aggressive verses.
Early life and education
Genesis was born in Vancouver, Canada, and is of Swedish and Tamil descent. She graduated from the Emily Carr University of Art and Design where she studied film and sculpture. Genesis is her birth name.
In 2015 Genesis signed with Awful Records and released her debut album World Vision. In 2017 she signed with Downtown Records/Interscope Records. She collaborated with Abra, another artist from the Awful records on the standout track 'Hair Like Water Wavy Like the Sea', off Genesis's debut album World Vision.
On 28 July she released the single "100 Bad". This song is the second collaboration that Tommy does with the music producer, Charlie Heat with whom she previously collaborated on the 2017 song “Tommy.” The song will be featured on her forthcoming album named "Genesis". Later, British singer-songwriter Charli XCX released a remix of "100 Bad" on 7 September.
- World Vision 2 (forthcoming)
- World Vision (2015)
- Dua Lipa – The Self-Titled Tour (2018)
- Dazed (2016-01-18). "Meet the internet's most rebellious underground rap queen". Dazed. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "New Face, Fresh Style: 'Fetish Rapper' & New Downtown Records Signee Tommy Genesis". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- Cusumano, Katherine. "Welcome to the Twisted Fairytale World of Calvin Klein Model, Rapper, and Artist Tommy Genesis". W Magazine. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- Stopa, Thalia (July 27, 2015). "Getting to the Roots of Tommy Genesis". BeatRoute Magazine. Retrieved March 25, 2017.
- "and then god created tommy". 25 October 2017.
- "Tommy Genesis: 12 Things You Need To Know About The Bisexual Canadian 'Fetish Rapper'". 3 July 2017.
- "Listen: Tommy Genesis - '100 Bad'". CLASH. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- "Tommy Genesis Talks a Big Game on "100 Bad"". HighSnobiety. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- Marfil, Lorelei (2017-03-24). "M.I.A. Hosts Mercedes-Benz Fashion Event". WWD. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Class of 2017: Tommy Genesis - Urban Outfitters - Blog". blog.urbanoutfitters.com. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- Marsh, Ariana. "Meet the New Queen of the Underground Hip-Hop Scene". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 2017-03-26.