This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hutton in 2011
|First baseman / Outfielder|
|Born: April 20, 1946|
Los Angeles, California
|September 16, 1966, for the Los Angeles Dodgers|
|Last MLB appearance|
|September 3, 1981, for the Montreal Expos|
|Runs batted in||186|
Thomas George Hutton (born April 20, 1946), is an American former professional baseball infielder-outfielder who played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies, Toronto Blue Jays, and Montreal Expos. He is a former color analyst for Florida/Miami Marlins baseball broadcasts on FSN Florida and Sun Sports.
Hutton played in the major leagues with the Los Angeles Dodgers, in 1966 and 1969, Philadelphia Phillies, from 1972 to 1977, Toronto Blue Jays, in 1978, and the Montreal Expos, from the latter part of the 1978 season to his final game on September 3, 1981. He appeared in the 1976 and 1977 National League Championship Series (NLCS), with the Phillies.
While highly regarded as a standout glove man at first base, Hutton gained considerable notoriety during his Phillies career for his success while batting against Hall of Famer Tom Seaver of the New York Mets; in 62 plate appearances against Seaver, Hutton batted .320, with 11 walks, three home runs, and 15 runs batted in (RBI).
Hutton moved from the dugout to the broadcast booth, after being released by the Expos. He worked as a baseball broadcaster with ESPN, the New York Yankees (1987–1988), the Blue Jays, and the Expos. Hutton appeared on MLB on Fox in 2005 with Kenny Albert during selected Marlins telecasts on Fox Sports. Owing in great part to an organizational reshuffle, Hutton retired from his 19-season-long broadcasting position with the Marlins, following the 2015 season.
- "Tommy Hutton Stats". Baseball-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. 2019. Retrieved June 6, 2019.
- "Tom Hutton vs. Pitchers (Tom Seaver)". Baseball-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. 2019. Retrieved June 6, 2019.
- "Tom Hutton BR Bullpen". Baseball-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. 2019. Retrieved June 6, 2019.
- Davis, Craig (November 24, 2015). "Firing of Tommy Hutton sparks fresh criticism of Marlins". sun-sentinel.com. Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved June 6, 2019.
- "Dick Ruthven Stats". Baseball-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. 2019. Retrieved June 6, 2019.
- Wagner, Steven K. (January 7, 1991). "They're left to wonder what might have been". latimes.com. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 6, 2016.