Tommy Parker (judge)
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee|
Assumed office |
January 30, 2018
|Appointed by||Donald Trump|
|Preceded by||Samuel H. Mays Jr.|
Thomas Lee Robinson Parker|
1963 (age 54–55)
Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
University of South Carolina, (BS)|
Vanderbilt University School of Law, (JD)
Thomas Lee Robinson Parker (born 1963) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee.
Education and career
Parker received a Bachelor of Science degree in 1985 from the University of South Carolina. He received a Juris Doctor in 1989 from Vanderbilt University School of Law. Parker began his legal career as an associate at Waring Cox Lawyers in Memphis, Tennessee. He then served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Western District of Tennessee for nine years. Before becoming a federal judge, he was a shareholder in the Memphis office of Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, P.C., where he represented clients in civil litigation and criminal matters. Additionally, he previously served as President of the Memphis Bar Association and is a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers.
Federal judicial service
On July 13, 2017, President Donald Trump nominated Parker to serve as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, to the seat vacated by Judge Samuel H. Mays Jr., who took senior status on July 1, 2015. A hearing on his nomination before the Senate Judiciary Committee was held on September 6, 2017. On October 5, 2017, his nomination was reported out of committee by voice vote. On January 10, 2018, the United States Senate confirmed his nomination 98–0. He received his commission on January 30, 2018. He was sworn into office on February 2, 2018.
- "Thomas Lee Parker Lawyer Profile on Martindale.com". www.martindale.com.
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Fifth Wave of Judicial Candidates". July 13, 2017.
- "Ten Nominations Sent to the Senate Today". July 13, 2017. Archived from the original on July 14, 2017.
- United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary: Nominations for September 6, 2017
- Collins, Michael (January 10, 2018). "Senate confirms Thomas Parker as federal judge for Tennessee's Western District". Commercial Appeal. USA Today. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- Tommy Parker at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
- Thomas Lee Robinson Parker at Ballotpedia
Samuel H. Mays Jr.
| Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|