Tommy Taylor (footballer, born 1951)
|Full name||Thomas Frederick Taylor|
|Date of birth||26 September 1951|
|Place of birth||Hornchurch, Essex, England|
|1970–1979||West Ham United||340||(8)|
|1977||→ Team Hawaii (loan)||19||(0)|
|2007||Peterborough United (caretaker)|
|2013–2014||PS Kemi Kings|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Taylor joined West Ham United in October 1970 and was a member of the team that won the FA Cup in 1975. In 1977, he played for Team Hawaii of North American Soccer League from May to August of this year on loan from West Ham. He returned to Orient in 1979 after losing his place in the Hammers side to Alvin Martin. He played a total of 396 games and scored eight goals for the Hammers.
In 2001, after five years at the club, he left Orient and joined Darlington, leaving in October 2002. Taylor then joined Conference side Farnborough Town, officially taking on the manager's role in May 2003.
In November 2004, Taylor was appointed manager at King's Lynn. In 2006, he joined rivals Peterborough United as assistant to Keith Alexander. At the time of his departure King's Lynn were top of the Southern League. On 15 January 2007, following the departure of Alexander, he was appointed caretaker manager. With the job going to Darren Ferguson five days later, Taylor became number two once again, after overseeing one loss for the club.
Taylor was appointed manager of the Grenada national football team in May 2009. His first game in charge of Grenada was friendly against Panama on 10 June 2009. Taylor contacted Blackburn Rovers'Jason Roberts, Leeds United's Jermaine Beckford and Southampton F.C.'s Bradley Wright-Phillips in the hope of convincing the players to become eligible for Grenada.
In May 2011 he was appointed as manager of Belper Town. In September of that year Taylor resigned as Belper manager after a poor start to the season which saw them exit the FA Cup to lower level opponents.
- Hogg, Tony (2005). Who's Who of West Ham United. Profile Sports Media. pp. 199–200. ISBN 1-903135-50-8.
- "North American Soccer League Players". nasljerseys.com. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- Tommy Taylor at Post War English & Scottish Football League A–Z Player's Database
- "Taylor takes Posh coaching role". BBC News. 6 November 2006.
- "Posh part company with Alexander". BBC News. 15 January 2007.
- "Boston appoint Taylor as manager". BBC News. 13 July 2007.
- "Taylor handed Grenada role". FIFA. 23 May 2009.
- "As Spice Boyz Prep For Concacaf". Grenada Broadcast. 30 August 2006. Archived from the original on 10 July 2009.
- "Ex-Hammer Taylor gets nod as new Belper boss". thisisderbyshire.co.uk. 11 May 2011. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "Duffied takes Belper helm". Non League Daily. 20 September 2011. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- "Former Cambridge United manager Tommy Taylor putting the Finnishing touches to a great campaign". Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Georgeson, Andrew (22 June 2019). "West Ham legend Taylor 'a real coup' for Histon". CambridgeshireLive. Retrieved 22 June 2019.