||Different meanings depending on the kanji used
|Region of origin
Tomoko (ともこ, トモコ) is a female Japanese given name. Like many Japanese names, Tomoko can be written using different kanji characters and can mean:
- 友子 - "friendly child"
- 知子 - "knowing child"
- 智子 - "wise child"
- 朋子 - "friendly child"
- 皆子 - "beautiful girl"
- 时间 - "mature child"
- Tomoko Fuse (布施 知子, born 1951), origami writer
- Tomoko Hagiwara (智子 萩原, born 1980), swimmer
- Tomoko Hoshino (星野 知子, born 1957), actress and essayist
- Tomoko Ishimura (石村 知子, born 1972), voice actor
- Tomoko Kawakami (川上 とも子, born 1970), voice actor
- Tomoko Kaneda (金田 朋子, born 1973), voice actor
- Tomoko Kawase (川瀬 智子, born 1975), singer
- Tomoko Kondō (近藤 智子, born 1968), singer, part of 1980s J-Pop duo BaBe
- Tomoko Miyaguchi (宮口 知子. born 1975), professional wrestler
- Tomoko Ninomiya (二ノ宮 知子, born 1969), manga artist
- Tomoko Ohta geneticist, pioneer of the nearly neutral theory of molecular evolution
- Tomoko Okazaki Director of Operations at White Rabbit Press
- Tomoko Tabata (田畑 智子, born 1980), actress
- Tomoko Uemura (1956–1977), victim of Minamata disease and subject of the photo Tomoko Uemura in Her Bath
- Tomoko Yamaguchi (山口 智子, born 1964), actress and singer
- Tomoko Yoshihara (born 1970), volleyball player
- Tomoko Naka (born 1983), voice actress
- ^ Tomoko-Meaning and origin of the name Tomoko