Tomoya Hosoda (細田 智也 Hosoda Tomoya, born 14 November 1991) is a Japanese politician who, on 17 March 2017, became the first transgender male politician to be elected to office when he was elected to the city council of Iruma, Saitama.
He transitioned from female to male with surgery in 2015 at the age of 23.[a] After graduating from Teikyo University, he had worked as medical technologist at a hospital in Shizuoka before he was elected.
- "トランスジェンダー公表し当選 入間市議･細田智也さん初の一般質問「ひるまず堂々と」" (in Japanese). AERA dot.. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "Japan becomes first country in the world to elect transgender man to a public office". The Independent. 18 March 2017.
- Motoko Rich (May 19, 2017). "Japanese Transgender Politician Is Showing 'I Exist Here'". The New York Times. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- "Transgender Politician Wins Iruma City Council Election". stonewalljapan.org. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "「自分が大人になる未来が想像できなかった。 子どもたちには同じ思いをさせたくない」入間市議会議員 世界初のFtMトランスジェンダー議員 細田智也インタヴュー" (in Japanese). Democratic Party. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
|This article about a Japanese politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender history or culture is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|