|Privately held company|
|Founder||Hans Trojel |
Victor Hans Meyer
|Carsten Lyngsø Thomsen (CEO), (Chairman)|
|Products||Chocolates, liquorice and sugar confectionery|
|Revenue||DKK 1.64 billion (2012)|
|DKK 51.1 (2012)|
Toms International produces chocolate, liquorice and sugar confectionery in Denmark, Sweden and the United Kingdom. "Toms employs 1,200 - 1,700 employees depending on season and annually produces 50,000 tons of chocolate and sugar confectionery."
Founded in 1924 as Tom Chokoladefabrik A/S by Copenhagen chemists Hans Trojel and Victor Hans Meyer, the company is now a world-renowned chocolate producer. Originally the chocolate was a side item for sale in the chemists' retail shop on Vesterbrogade in Copenhagen, the founders launching their own products on Prags Boulevard between 1925 and 1929. The company was taken over by Victor B. Strand in 1942, who shortly acquired (1954–1956) the chocolate company Anthon Berg. In 1961, a new factory was designed by the famous Danish modernist architect Arne Jacobsen and consisted of a 22,000 m² factory hall and a 3,000 m² administration building on a site measuring 220,000 m².
Around the time of the factory's completion in 1962, Toms acquired A/S J. Høeghs Lakrids og Sukkervarefabrikker, which shortly was renamed Pingvin Lakrids. Toms' final acquisition was that of A/S Galle & Jessen, in 1971.
In 2011, Toms acquired German company Hanseatische Chocolade GmbH.
The company is fully owned by Gerda og Victor B. Strands Fond.
- Anthon Berg – a corporate division within Toms International, the company produced a diverse variety of chocolate products. The title "Purveyors to the Royal Danish Court" was awarded to Anthon Berg in 1957.
- Bogø Chokolade
- Holly Bar
- Nellie Dellies
- Yankie Bar – a popular chocolate bar in Denmark composed of caramel, nougat, and milk chocolate
Galle & Jessen
- Galle & Jessen was Denmark's oldest chocolate factory. It was acquired by Toms International in 1971.
- "PRESSEMEDDELELSE - Fortsat fremgang i Toms Gruppen A/S trods vanskeligt hjemmemarked" (in Danish). Toms. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- "Årsrapport 2010" (PDF) (in Danish). Toms Gruppen. Retrieved 2013-13-18. Check date values in:
- MC. The Manufacturing Confectioner. Manufacturing Confectioner. 1995. p. 91. Retrieved November 2, 2017.
- "Liqueur-filled chocolates, anyone?". Daily News and Analysis India. January 8, 2015. Retrieved November 2, 2017.
- Official website (in Danish)