The Tomytronic 3D is a series of portable, handheld gaming devices released by Takara Tomy Co., Ltd. The device featured a strap so the player would be able to wear it around his or her neck in between playing. The Tomytronic simulated 3D by having two LCD panels that were lit by external light through a window on top of the device. Released in 1983, it was the first dedicated home video 3D hardware.
Seven games were released:
- Skyfighters (AKA Dog Fight / Tandy Sky Duel)
- Thundering Turbo (AKA Cosmos LeMans / Turbo Racer / Thundering Turbos)
- Sky Attack (AKA Tank Attack)
- Shark Attack (AKA Jaws 3D)
- Planet Zeon (AKA Space Laser War / Space Attack)
- Jungle Fighter
- Sherman Attack
In some markets, games were released with a different name as above. One game, Skyfighters, was licensed by Tandy and renamed Tandy Sky Duel. The rarest of the seven games are Jungle Fighter and Sherman Attack, both believed to have been released in Japan only.