This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Studio album by|
|Producer||Conny Plank & Organisation|
Tone Float is the first and only LP by the German band Organisation. Organisation was a predecessor to Kraftwerk, which was formed by two members of the band, Ralf Hütter and Florian Schneider-Esleben, after the album's release.
Recording and release
The album was produced by Konrad "Conny" Plank. Of the album's recording, Hütter would later say:
Sales were poor and RCA opted to drop the band, which then dissolved following the departure of Hutter and Schneider-Esleben to Kraftwerk.
The album has never been officially reissued, although bootleg CDs and LPs appeared in the 1990s. These often included a bonus audio-track, erroneously titled "Vor dem blauen Bock", which in fact is an instrumental track named "Rückstoß Gondoliere", from a 22 May 1971 performance by Kraftwerk on the Bremen Beat-Club TV show. This song features the short-lived line-up of Florian Schneider, Michael Rother and Klaus Dinger (Ralf Hütter had left the group during this period to pursue studies in architecture). Rother and Dinger left Kraftwerk shortly afterwards to form Neu!.
All tracks are written by Organisation.
- Basil Hammoudi – glockenspiel, conga gong, musical box, bongos, percussion, vocals
- Butch Hauf – bass, shaky tube, small bells, plastic hammer, percussion
- Ralf Hütter – Hammond organ, organ
- Alfred "Fred" Mönicks – drums, bongos, maracas, cowbell, tambourine
- Florian Schneider-Esleben – electric flute, alto flute, bell, triangle, tambourine, electro-violin, percussion
- Additional personnel
|United Kingdom||June 1970||RCA Victor||Vinyl||SF 8111|
- Klaus Kehrle. "Tone Float - Organisation". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- Interview in Select magazine, 1991
- Pascal Bussy: "Kraftwerk: Man, Machine and Music", SAF Publishing Ltd., Reprinted 1993, 1997, 1999: pp. 26
- Tone Float (LP). Organisation. Great Britain: RCA-Victor. 1970. SF 8111.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Organisation – Tone Float". discogs.com. Retrieved 2 September 2012.