|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Instruments||Sampler, drum machine, virtual instrument|
|Labels||Tone Mason Inc.|
Tone Mason is a Grammy-nominated Canadian hip-hop and R&B production team from Toronto, Ontario. Tone Mason Music speaks to a deep-rooted dedication to craftsmanship,quality and originality. With over 15 years of experience in the music industry as a collective, they have contributed their eclectic brand of music to MuchMusic & MuchVibe (theme music for The Vibe, The Downlo),Sun TV's Echo, BET, EA Sports, Russell Peters'2009 Sundance Film Festival, Red, White and Brown DVD and many more.
They also contributed their production skills and music to many major label-recording artists such as Drake, Jay-Z, Fantasia, Big Boi, Busta Rhymes,50 Cent, Kardinal Offishall, Dr. Dre, Ludacris, Shad and The Game. The group’s production will give you diverse musical styles mixed with new flavours of today’s growing fusion of pop music. Tone Mason's depth of music in pop culture ensures that they are here to stay.
Don D. began his career in the 1990s as a member of underground hip hop group Nefarius. He served as the group's DJ and producer. After the death of group member MC Kwesro in 1999, he and MC Collizhun (the other member) released an EP before eventually parting ways. Before the fall of Nefarius, he met Aloysius Brown and Mellenius, and the three acted as "production protégés" for each other. Don D. thought it would be shameful for their material to go unheard, so they formed Tone Mason.
In 2003, the group produced "Back Where I've Stayed" for Choclair's Juno Award-winning album, Flagrant. However, they are mostly notable for producing Fantasia Barrino's hit single "Hood Boy" from her Grammy Award-nominated album, Fantasia, in 2006.
- "Stadium Music" - Lil Kim ft. Yo Gotti
- "Colour Purple" - Freddie Gibbs
- "Double Up" - 50 Cent ft. Hayes
- "Light Up" – Drake ft. Jay-Z and Lil Wayne
- "Intro" - Ludacris
- "Hood Boy" – Fantasia ft. Big Boi
- "We Got the Streets" – Busta Rhymes ft. Papoose, Spliff Star, Labba, Reek da Villain, Rah Digga and Yummy Bingham
- "High Speed Chasin" – Rah Digga ft. Mobb Deep
- "Hot Like the Summer" – Saukrates ft. Andreena Mill
- "Soundtrack of My Life" – Deemi
- "Black Girl Pain" – Talib Kweli ft. Jean Grae and Yummy Bingham
- "My Girl" – Lloyd Banks
- "Magic Hour" – AZ ft. CL Smooth}
- "Boom Bye Yeah" – Sean Price
- "Lil' Bro" – Ric-a-Che
- "Fire in Ya Eyes" – JB ft. The Game
- "Back Where I've Stayed" – Choclair
- "Filthy" – Rascalz
- "A New Day" – Rochester
- "Struggle" – Eternia ft. Wordsworth and Kenn Starr
- "God Only Knows" – Point Blank
- "Salt n Pepper" – Saukrates ft. Rich Kidd
- "Time" – Theo 3
- "Blaow" – Frank n Dank ft. Lindo P
- "Reach" – Frankie Payne
- "Full Nelson" – Redman ft. Ready Roc, Runt Dawg and Saukrates
Television and DVD appearances
- Theme/Intro Music for MuchVibe (TV channel) and TV series
- Theme/Back Drop Music for The Score Television Network and Cabbie Unlimited
- Back Drop/Soundscape Music for BET's Iron Ring
- Back Drop/Soundscape Music for Russell Peters: Red, White, and Brown DVD Extras
- Nefarius - Tough Dumplin' Foundation For Better Beats Exclaim!. Accessed on December 17, 2009.
- Featured Artist: Tone Mason HipHopCanada. Accessed on December 17, 2009.
- Fantasia Ropes In Big Boi, Missy For Second Disc Billboard. Accessed on November 30, 2007.