|Time zone||WAT (UTC+1)|
The Tonga sub-division has three major village groups: Badoumga (Banounga), Baloua and Babitchoua. Its area is 342 km2 (132 sq mi) with a population of 15000. The capital of this subdivision is Tonga Town, which is 90 km (56 mi) from the regional capital Bafoussam and 30 km (19 mi) from the divisional capital Bangangte. Tonga is on the Yaounde Bafoussam road and is about 220 kilometres (140 mi) from Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon. It is about 10 km (6.2 mi) from Makene, a bus stop along the Bafoussam Yaoundé highway.
The population is 98% subsistence farmers producing food crops and cash crops like cocoa and coffee in small farms.
On the health front, the Tonga sub-division has 3 health facilities:
- Tonga Health and Social Welfare Center
- Tonga Catholic Health Center
- Maham Health Center
Climate: The climate is equatorial, characterized by the alternation of two dry seasons and two rainy seasons.
- Site de la primature - Élections municipales 2002 (French)
- Contrôle de gestion et performance des services publics communaux des villes camerounaises - Thèse de Donation Avele, Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV (French)
- Charles Nanga, La réforme de l’administration territoriale au Cameroun à la lumière de la loi constitutionnelle n° 96/06 du 18 janvier 1996, Mémoire ENA. (French)
|This Cameroon location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|