Tongdao Dong Autonomous County
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||2,225.36 km2 (859.22 sq mi)|
|• Density||93/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Tongdao (the full name: "Tongdao Dong Autonomous County", simplified Chinese: 通道侗族自治县; traditional Chinese: 通道侗族自治縣; pinyin: Tōng-dào Dòngzú Zìzhìxiàn; usually referred to as "Tongdao County", simplified Chinese: 通道县; traditional Chinese: 通道縣; pinyin: Tōng-dào xiàn) is an autonomous county of Dong people in Hunan Province, China, it is under the administration of Huaihua Prefecture-level City. Tongdao is also the 5th least-populous county of the province (after Shaoshan, Guzhang, Shuangpai and Yanling).
Located on the south western corner of Hunan province, Tongdao is immediately adjacent to the borders of the southeast of Guizhou and the north of Guangxi. The county lies in the southernmost part of Huaihua, it is the least populous and least densely populated county-level division of Huaihua. Tongdao borders to the northwest by Jingzhou County, to the northeast by Suining and Chengbu Counties, to the southeast and the south by Longsheng and Sanjiang Counties of Guangxi, to the west by Liping County of Guizhou. The county covers 2,239 km2 (864 sq mi), as of 2015, it has a census registered population of 242,100 and a permanent resident population of 212,300. The county has 8 towns and 3 townships under its jurisdiction, the county seat is Shuangjiang Town (双江镇).
There are two Miao subgroups in Tongdao County, namely Hua Miao 花苗 (mjiu55 ken35) and Cao Miao 草苗 (mjiu55). Despite being officially classified by the Chinese government as ethnic Miao, Cao Miao is actually a Kam-Sui language.
- Google (2014-07-02). "Tongdao" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Huaihua City Land Use Plan (2006–20)/《怀化市土地利用总体规划（2006-2020年）》.(Chinese) Accessed 8 July 2014.
- "怀化市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报" (in Chinese). Huaihua Statistical Bureau/怀化市统计局. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- about the population of Tongdao County in 2015, according to the Statistical Communiqué of Tongdao County on the 2015 National Economic and Social Development - (2015年通道县国民经济和社会发展统计公报): huaihua.gov.cn or ahmhxc.com
- the divisions of Tongdao County in 2015, according to the result on adjustment of township-level administrative divisions of Tongdao County on November 19, 2015 - 《湖南省民政厅关于同意通道县乡镇区划调整方案的批复》(湘民行发〔2015〕78号): rednet.cn, also see 《湖南省乡镇区划调整改革109个县市区批复方案》: people.com or xinhuanet.com
- Tongdao Dong Autonomous County Ethnic Gazetteer 通道侗族自治县民族志 (2004).
- www.xzqh.org (Chinese)
|This Hunan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|