Tonglu, West Bengal
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tonglu (West Bengal)
The trekkers' hut at Tonglu
|• Body||Gram panchayat|
|Elevation||3,070 m (10,070 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
Tonglu (3036 m amsl) is the one of the higher peaks of the Singalila Ridge and a small settlement inside the Singalila National Park in the Darjeeling subdivision, Darjeeling district in the state of West Bengal in India near the India - Nepal border. It is a roadside halt along the trekking route from Manebhanjan to Sandakphu.
Tonglu is located at .
- "Letter from Major G.E.[George Ernest] Bulger to [Sir Joseph Dalton Hooker]; from Secunderabad, India; 6 Dec 1868; two page letter comprising two images; folio 168". jstor.org. doi:10.5555/al.ap.visual.kdcas8562 (inactive 9 March 2019). Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Wild Flowers of Mount Tonglo, Sikkim, India by Marianne North". Art UK. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- J.S. Gamble Manual Of Indian Timbers&pg=PA472 sigPAwAAQBAJ, p. 472, at Google Books
- Das, A.P.; Ghosh, Chandra (March 2011). "Plant wealth of Darjiling and Sikkim Himalayas vis-à-vis Conservation". NBU Journal of Plant Sciences. University of Bengal. 5 (1): 25–33. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Yahoo maps location of Tonglu". Yahoo maps. Retrieved 7 December 2008.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|