Doumbia playing for Valenciennes in 2013
|Full name||Tongo Hamed Doumbia|
|Date of birth||6 August 1989|
|Place of birth||Vernon, Eure, France|
|Height||1.92 m (6 ft 3 1⁄2 in)|
|2002–2005||FC Les Lilas|
|2012||→ Wolverhampton Wanderers (loan)||16||(2)|
|2013–2014||→ Valenciennes (loan)||36||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 March 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 22:02, 23 December 2014 (UTC)
Doumbia played youth football with Olympique Noisy-le-Sec, JS Noisy-le-Sec, FC Les Lilas and RSC Montreuil. Aged 17 he signed a contract with Ligue 2 club LB Châteauroux in summer 2007. He played for their reserve team of LB Châteauroux in the French Fifth Division, playing just one first team game for the club; on 20 February 2009 against EA Guingamp.
After two years with LB Châteauroux Doumbia left to sign for Rennes on 19 June 2009. He made his debut for team in the Coupe de la Ligue against FC Sochaux on 23 September 2009. During the 2010–11 and 2011–12 seasons he became a more regular player in the Rennes line-up, making a total of 59 appearances for the club to date.
On 30 July 2012, Doumbia initially joined English side Wolverhampton Wanderers on a planned season-long loan deal, with view to a permanent move. On 13 November 2012 Wolves announced that Doumbia had signed a permanent contract to keep him at the club until summer 2016. He made 35 appearances in total during the season as the club ended up becoming relegated to League One.
After this relegation, new Wolves manager Kenny Jackett stated that Doumbia was not likely to feature in his plans for the new season. On 6 August 2013 he left Wolves to join Ligue 1 club Valenciennes on a season-long loan, where he became a regular player but could not help them avoid relegation.
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 26. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Tongo Hamed Doumbia – Stade Rennais Online
- FIFA.com – Tongo Doumbia au Stade Rennais
- "Wolverhampton Wanderers sign Tongo Doumbia". BBC Sport. 30 July 2012.
- "Doumbia a done deal". Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. 13 November 2012.
- "Tongo Doumbia is last pick of Wolves' midfielders, says Kenny Jackett". Express & Star. 29 July 2013.
- "Wolves: Tongo Doumbia loaned to Ligue 1 Valenciennes". BBC Sport. 7 August 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Wolves part company with Jamie O'Hara and Tongo Doumbia". BBC Sport. 29 August 2014.