Tongyang Broadcasting Company
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Tongyang Broadcasting)
|Branding||TBC-TV 7 Seoul|
|Channels||Analog: 7 (VHF)|
|Owner||Tongyang Broadcasting Company|
|Last air date||December 1980|
Tongyang Broadcasting Company (TBC, 1964-1980) was a South Korean commercial television station which was merged by the government with KBS. It was owned by the Samsung Group founder Lee Byung Chull.
- 1965-06-26 : Tongyang Broadcasting Corporation was launched.
- 1965-06-27 : Radio Seoul Broadcasting HLCD 89.1mHz FM Started broadcasting making it South Korea's first FM radio station.
- 1965-12-07 : TBC-TV/Tongyang TV Channel 7 Started broadcasting.
- 1966 : Radio Seoul Broadcasting renamed as TBC-FM 89.1mHz.
- 1970 : TBC-FM Started South Korea's First Stereo FM Broadcast.
- 1980-12-01 : TBC-FM and TBC-TV merged into the Korean Broadcasting System by the special law of Chun Doo-hwan, president of military authorities resulting the launching of KBS 2FM (now KBS Cool FM 89.1mHz.) and KBS 2TV respectively.
- 2011-12-01 : TBC reincarnated as JTBC.
- Show Show Show
- Long live the long life
- Hodolyi and Tosuni
- Gayo Olympics
- TBC Quiz King
- Classical Theatre of humor
- Okay good group
- Sincerely, TBC
- TBC News Plaza (Now KBS News Plaza)
- TBC 6 News (Now KBS News 6)
- TBC News 10
- Lee Deok-hwa and Im Ye-jin's 10PM ChunBangJiChuk Radio
- I Like Radio
- Good Morning Happiness Touch
- Music Date
- Daebak! Music Trend
- FM Hall Of Fame
- The Latest Music
- Changinkut Radio!
- Music Today
- Issues and People
- Radio Request
- FM Today
- TBC News Morning
- TBC ALL THAT CHART TOP 50
- TBC Newsline
- FM Latest Inkigayo
- TBC News 2
- TBC 12 News
- TBC News 7
- TBC Afternoon Drama (at 12:30PM KST)
- TBC Primetime Drama (at 07:30PM KST)
- TBC Monday-Tuesday Drama (at 06:00~07:00PM KST)
- TBC Wednesday-Thursday Drama (at 06:00~07:00PM KST)
- TBC Friday Drama (at 06:00~07:00PM KST)
- Troubled Tiger: Businessmen, Bureaucrats, and Generals in South Korea - Page 168 Mark Clifford - 1998 "Samsung founder Lee Byung Chull was ordered to give up his Tongyang Broadcasting Corporation (TBC) television network. He received only token compensation. Shareholders in the third television network, Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation ..."
- Understanding Modern East Asian Politics - Page 21 Christian Schafferer - 2005 "The popular Tongyang Broadcasting Company (TBC) and Dong-A Broadcasting Station (DBS) were merged into the national Korean Broadcasting Corporation (KBC), and six major private news agencies were merged into the Yonhap News "