|Senate of the Republic|
2018 – in charge
|Born||April 26, 1955|
|Political party||Lega Nord|
Early life and education
He completed a degree in economics with specialization in marketing and business management in Manchester, England. He came to Italy on a student visa in 1976, and obtained a degree in accounting in Treviglio. He also has higher degrees (laurea) in computer science from USA and Italy.
Iwobi is the founder and since 2001 managing director of Data Communication Labs Ltd. Previously he worked for AMSA (Azienda Milanese Servizi Ambientali) and has worked for a company in Roveredo, Switzerland.
A supporter of federalism, which he knew from Nigeria, he became a member of Lega Nord, where he was particularly inspired by Gianfranco Miglio. In 1993, he was elected municipal councillor for the party in Spirano, a position he held until 2014. From 2010 to 2014 he also served as assessor with responsibility for social services.
Iwobi was in 2014 selected by party leader Matteo Salvini to draft Lega Nord's new immigration policy which had a hard stance against illegal immigration and played a big role in the party's campaign in the Italian general election, 2018.
He is general counsel of the Italy-USA Foundation.
He is married to an Italian woman and has two children.
- CV Commune.spirano. Retrieved 6 March 2018
- Chi è Toni Iwobi, il primo senatore di colore in Italia Lettera 43. Retrieved 6 March 2018
- Jessica Phelan (6 March 2018) Italy elects its first black senator: Toni Iwobi of the League TheLocal.It. Retrieved 6 March 2018
- Nigeriano, immigrato, titolare d'azienda: eletto dalla Lega il primo senatore di colore Milano.republicca.it. Retrieved 6 March 2018
- History DCLabs.eu. Retrieved 6 March 2018
- Matteo Borghi La strana storia del nero leghista che stravede per Miglio L'intraprendente. Retrieved 7 March 2018
- Terry Daley (9 March 2018) Toni Iwobi, the black face of Italy's far-right AFP/Newsyahoo.com. Retrieved 11 March 2018