|56th President of the National Union of Students|
1 July 2013 – 30 June 2015
|Preceded by||Liam Burns|
|Succeeded by||Megan Dunn|
|Born||13 April 1990|
|Alma mater||Cornwall College|
|Website||Toni Pearce for National President|
Toni Pearce (born 13 April 1990) was the President of the National Union of Students in the United Kingdom, a position she held until July 2015. Pearce was elected at the 2013 NUS National Conference in April 2013 and re-elected by a large majority in April 2014.
From 2011 to 2013, Pearce held the position of NUS Vice President (Further Education). Before that, she was President at the Students' Union of Cornwall College, an institution of Further Education. Pearce is the first ever NUS President not to have attended university.
Pearce attended Cornwall College from the age of 16, however she was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type III, which meant that she missed a large number of lessons whilst in hospital recovering from operations. As such, Pearce failed two of her AS levels at the first attempt.
During the elections for NUS President (2013, 2014) Pearce stood as a candidate with no official affiliation to a political party. However, Pearce has been a member of the Labour Party since 2010, joining after the 2010 General Election where she had voted for the Liberal Democrats. Despite being a member of the Labour Party, her involvement is small and she has described herself as "one of the least active members".
- "Toni Pearce #1 for NUS VP Further Education". Facebook. Retrieved 14 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Toni Pearce elected next NUS president". Times Higher Education. 9 April 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Toni Pearce: she flunked her exams – but fought her way to the top to become President of the NUS". Independent. Retrieved 15 April 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Beating the odds to become president of the National Union of Students". BBC News. 27 March 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Twitter / toni_pearce: So because Wikipedia says I ..." Twitter. Retrieved 14 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
| President of the
National Union of Students