This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (February 2016)
Tonight along with The Rich Kids, were the first acts to be described as power pop, a new UK music genre term in 1978, initially mentioned by Charles Catchpole, in the Evening Standard, 'Rock Notes' section, on 17 January 1978. Tonight scored the first hit for the power pop movement in February 1978, with "Drummer Man" reaching No.14 in the UK Singles Chart. Their next single "Money (That's Your Problem)" charted reached No.66; but two more singles were released plus an album was recorded.
Lack of further successes leaves them labelled as a one-hit wonder. Un-released Tonight album Drummerman was finally released in 2010, on Angel Air Records. Original album was shelved by WEA in 1978.
- Chris Turner - Lead vocals and songwriter
- Phil Chambon - Rhythm guitar, backing vocals and songwriter
- Dave Cook - Lead guitar
- Russ Strothard - Bassist and backing vocals
- Gary Thompson - drums
- Andy Arthurs - Record producer and songwriter
- https://web.archive.org/web/20081013065416/http://www.tonighttheband.com/Power_Pop_1st_mention.html. Archived from the original on October 13, 2008. Retrieved April 21, 2008. Missing or empty
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 562. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.