Tonight I Wanna Cry
|"Tonight I Wanna Cry"|
|Single by Keith Urban|
|from the album Be Here|
|Released||21 November 2005|
|Keith Urban singles chronology|
"Tonight I Wanna Cry" is a song co-written and recorded by Australian country music artist Keith Urban. It was released on 21 November 2005 as the fifth and final single from his fourth studio album Be Here (2004). It peaked at number 2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. The song was written by Urban and Monty Powell.
The music video was directed by Chris Hicky and premiered in early 2006. The video shows Urban playing the song on a piano in a room with a model kitchen, model living room and model bedroom. Towards the start of the second verse, snow falls through the rooms.
In popular culture
The song was later sung by Ace Young on American Idol on 4 April 2006, which was designated a country music theme. Chad Doucette sang it on Canadian Idol. It was also covered by Chris Richardson on American Idol on 6 March 2007
Urban's version was also featured in the 31 January 2007 Medium episode, Very Merry Maggie.
"Tonight I Wanna Cry" debuted at number 42 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of 3 December 2005.
|US Billboard Hot 100||36|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||7|
Certifications and sales
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Keith Urban – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Keith Urban. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Keith Urban – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Keith Urban. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "ARIA Report (Issue #1124)" (PDF). ARIA. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- "Best of 2006: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2006. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "American single certifications – Keith Urban – Tonight I Wanna Cry". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved November 8, 2016. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH