|Full name||Tonna Rugby Football Club|
|League(s)||A WRU Division Five South Central|
|2009–10||11th WRU Division Four South West|
Although it is believed that Tonna RFC was in existence before 1888, the first officially recorded report came from the 1887/88 season when the Cambria Daily Reader stated that Tonna RFC were drawn to play Mynyddbach in the local Neath cup challenge cup. It is therefore recorded that Tonna RFC came into being on the 28 February 1888.
Tonna RFC's first international player was David Harris Davies, although playing for Neath RFC at the time of his one and only cap against Scotland in 1904, he came through the playing ranks of Tonna.
With the outbreak of the First World War the club disbanded, but reformed as Dulais United after the war. This team was an amalgamation of local villages Tonna, Aberdulais, Cadoxton, Cilfrew and Cefn-yr-allt; but the team was still housed in Tonna.
Full Senior Internationals
- David Harris Davies - Neath RFC (1 cap)
- Arthur Lemon - Neath RFC (13 caps)
- Martyn Davies - Neath RFC (1 Cap)
- D. Alan Edmunds- Neath RFC (2 caps)
- Craig Mitchell Neath RFC,Ospreys,Exeter Chiefs,Cardiff Blues (15 caps)
- Leigh Davies (21 caps) Neath RFC,Cardiff RFC,Bristol RFC,Ospreys,Llanelli Scarlets (Captain)
- Doug Phillips (rugby) Douglas V Phillips Rugby League International Oldham RLFC, Broughton Park Rangers RLFC Belle Vue RLFC. 9 Wales RL Caps & 4 Great Britain Caps (including 1950 Series win in Australia) returned back to live in New Street, Tonna on retiring from Rugby League