Tonny Bruins Slot
|Date of birth||1 April 1947|
|Place of birth||Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Date of death||1 November 2020(aged 73)|
|1972–1978||FC Amsterdam (scout)|
|1978-1980||FC Amsterdam (coach)|
|1982–1984||Ajax (scout, assistant)|
|2010–2020||Ajax (chief scout)|
Tonny Bruins Slot (1 April 1947 – 1 November 2020) was a Dutch association football coach who was well known for his analysis of matches and opponents.
Tonny Bruins Slot was coach of FC Amsterdam from 1978 to 1980 and assistant-coach of Ajax, also in Amsterdam, from 1982 to 1988. Bruins Slot was the assistant of Aad de Mos at Ajax. In 1985, Bruins Slot was briefly the head coach of AFC Ajax, after Aad de Mos stepped down in May 1985 due to conflicts with the board of administration. Bruins Slot became head coach for the final five matches of the season, winning the Eredivisie title in the 1984–85 season, with players such as Frank Rijkaard, Ronald Koeman, Gerald Vanenburg, John van 't Schip, Marco van Basten, Rob de Wit and John Bosman. From the second half of 1985 until January 1988, Bruins Slot was the assistant of Johan Cruijff at Ajax, winning the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1987.
Afterwards Ronald Koeman made use of his knowledge, working with Koeman at Ajax, Benfica, and during the 2007–08 season for PSV Eindhoven. When Koeman joined Valencia as the club's newly appointed head coach, he took Bruins Slot with him.
On 17 May 2009, back in the Netherlands, Tonny Bruins Slot took a position as an assistant manager at AZ from Alkmaar, where he was responsible for the tactical analysis of the opponents. On 5 December of the same year, he and head coach Ronald Koeman were both dismissed.
Bruins Slot was a member of the board of AFC Ajax. On 21 December 2011, Bruins Slot was appointed to the Executive Board of the club, along with five other candidates.
On 26 January 2011, it was announced that Bruins Slot would take the position as an analyst of the next opponent for Ajax Amsterdam. He made team reports of the next opponents for head coach Frank de Boer.
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1986–87
- Eredivisie (3): 1982–83, 2001–02, 2003–04
- KNVB Cup (4): 1982–83, 1985–86, 1986–87, 2001–02
- Johan Cruijff Shield (1): 2002
- Amsterdam Tournament (6): 1985, 1987, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
- European Cup (1): 1991–92
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1988–89
- UEFA Super Cup (1): 1992
- La Liga (4): 1990–91, 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94
- Copa del Rey (1): 1989–90
- Supercopa de España (3): 1991, 1992, 1994
- Voetbal International - Bruins Slot, Schoenaker in nieuwe bestuursraad Ajax
- Voetbal International – Bruins Slot gaat weer spioneren voor oude club Ajax
- "Ajax treurt om overlijden meesterscout Bruins Slot (73)". Ajax (in Dutch). Retrieved 2 November 2020.
- "Ajaxscout Tonny Bruins Slot (73) overleden". Parool (in Dutch). Retrieved 2 November 2020.