Tony Archer (referee)
|Full name||Anthony Archer|
|Born||1969 (age 46–47)
|2006||City vs Country Origin||1|
|2008–12||State of Origin||13|
Tony Archer is an Australian former rugby league referee. He presided over 319 National Rugby League games as referee between 1999 and 2012 as well as being the referee of 13 State of Origin matches and 9 International matches, including at the 2008 World Cup. He is currently the National Rugby League referee's elite performance manager.
Rugby league career
He retired at the end of the 2012 NRL season to take up a coaching role. In late 2013 he was appointed the interim referee's elite performance manager by the National Rugby League. Before the 2014 season, the National Rugby League appointed him to the full-time role.
- Tony Archer rugbyleagueproject.org
- RL project
- "Awards". rlif.com. Rugby League International Federation. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Slater scoops player award". Sky Sports. 3 November 2011. Retrieved 5 November 2011.
- Tony Archer to take charge of NRL referees when Daniel Anderson vacates role after World Cup foxsports.com.au, 18 October 2013
- Veteran Tony Archer handed toughest job in the NRL - the role of referees' boss dailytelegraph.com.au, 14 January 2014