|Education||PhD in Urban cultures and histories|
|Alma mater||The University of Melbourne|
Tony Birch (born 1957) is an Australian poet, short story writer and novelist. He is a frequent contributor to ABC local and national radio and a regular guest at writers’ festivals. He lectured at the University of Melbourne for many years, and is currently the first recipient of the Dr Bruce McGuinness Indigenous Research Fellowship at Victoria University.
- Blood (2011) ISBN 978-0-7022-4759-0
- Ghost River (2015) ISBN 9780702253775
- Shadowboxing Scribe Publications Pty Limited, 2006, ISBN 9781921753909; Scribe Publications, 2010, ISBN 9781921640155
Short story collections
- Father's Day Hunter Publishers, 2009, ISBN 9780980517972
- The Promise : Stories University of Queensland Press, 2014, ISBN 9780702252112
- Shadowboxing 2006 shortlisted Queensland Premier's Literary Awards — Arts Queensland Steele Rudd Australian Short Story Award
- Shadowboxing 2011 Commended The Kate Challis RAKA Award
- Blood 2012 shortlisted Miles Franklin Literary Award
- Blood 2012 finalist Melbourne Prize — Best Writing Award
- Blood 2012 winner Melbourne Prize — Civic Choice Award
- Blood 2011 highly commended The Fellowship of Australian Writers Victoria Inc. National Literary Awards — FAW Christina Stead Award
- The Promise : Stories 2014 shortlisted Victorian Premier's Literary Awards — Prize for Indigenous Writing
- The Promise : Stories 2014 shortlisted Queensland Literary Awards — Australian Short Story Collection - Steele Rudd Award
- Ghost River 2016 Longlisted Miles Franklin Award
- "UQP - Author - Tony Birch"
- Steger, Jason (15 November 2017). "Tony Birch wins the Patrick White Award". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
|This article about an Australian writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|