Tony Carreira live at Lagoa
|Born||December 30, 1963|
Armadouro, Pampilhosa da Serra, Portugal
Tony Carreira (born António Manuel Mateus Antunes on December 30, 1963) is a Portuguese musician. Born in the small rural locality of Armadouro, Pampilhosa da Serra, he moved to Paris at age 10 with his emigrant parents. He lived there for 20 years. Carreira has had several hits since 1991, becoming during the 2000s one of the most renowned and best-selling popular singers in his home country. Tony Carreira sold out concerts in one of the largest venues in Portugal, the Pavilhão Atlântico in Lisbon, and also at the Olympia in Paris.
O Homem Que Sou has been certified seven times platinum in Portugal. Until 2009 he sold over 700,000 records in Portugal.
Nos fiançailles France/Portugal, released in February 2014, includes duets with several French artists such as Natasha St-Pier, Vincent Niclo, Gérard Lenorman, Michel Sardou, Dany Brillant, Serge Lama, Anggun, Didier Barbelivien, Lisa Angell and Hélène Ségara.
The album Sempre was released in 2014.
His most recent album, Mon Fado, was released in 2016.
- Studio albums
- 1991 É Verão Portugal (Discossete)
- 1992 Canta Canta Portugal (Discossete)
- 1993 Português De Alma E Coração (Espacial)
- 1994 Adeus Amigo (Espacial)
- 1995 Ai Destino (Espacial)
- 1996 Adeus Até Um Dia (Espacial)
- 1997 Coração Perdido (Espacial)
- 1998 Sonhador, Sonhador (Espacial)
- 1999 Dois Corações Sozinhos (Espacial)
- 2001 Cantor de Sonhos (Espacial)
- 2002 Passionita Lolita (POMME)
- 2004 Vagabundo Por Amor (Espacial)
- 2006 A Vida Que Eu Escolhi (Espacial)
- 2008 O Homem Que Sou (Farol)
- 2010 O Mesmo de Sempre (Farol)
- 2014 Nos fiançailles France/Portugal (Sony Music Smart)
- 2013 Sempre (Farol)
- 2016 Mon fado (Sony Music Smart)
- Compilation albums
- Live albums
- 2000 Ao Vivo No Olympia (Espacial)
- 2003 15 anos de Canções - Ao Vivo No Pavilhão Atlântico (Espacial)
- 2008 Ao Vivo No Coliseu (Espacial)
- 2013 Tony Carreira 25 Anos (Farol)
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|2003||Passionita pila Lolita||—||116||—|
|2010||Reste - Best Of||—||122||—|
|2014||Nos fiançailles, France / Portugal||27||4||40||
|2017||Le cœur des femmes||69||18
|Year||Title||Chart Positions||Album||Year-end positions|
|2007||"O Que Vai Ser De Mím (quando Fores Embora)"||2||A Vida Que Eu Escolhi|
|2009||"Porque E Que Vens?"||2||O Homem Que Sou|
|"Se Me Vais Deixar"||10||O Homem Que Sou|
|2011||"A Saudade De Ti"||13||O Mesmo De Sempre|
In August 2008, the Portuguese Society of Authors (SPA) announced that it had received several complaints about possible plagiarism by Tony Carreira. The complaints related to three songs: "Depois de Ti (Mais Nada)", "Ai Destino, Ai Destino" and "Leva-me ao Céu". SPA concluded that the song "Depois de Ti (Mais Nada)", is an apparent unauthorized copy of the song "Después de Ti Qué?", made popular by Christian Castro. No action was taken however because SPA had not received an official complaint from the rights owners, who were represented by Universal Music Publishing. According to Universal Music the matter was "under investigation". In 2017, Tony Carreira was formally accused of plagiarism by the Portuguese Public Prosecution Service. 
- (in Portuguese) Angelo Barata, Tony Carreira, Portugal Música (November 12, 2008)
- "Discography Tony Carreira". French Charts Portal.
- "David Carreira publie un EP avant l'album "Tout recommencer"". chartsinfrance.net (in French). Retrieved 2018-07-16.
- "Le Top de la semaine : Top Albums Fusionnes - SNEP (Week 7, 2017)" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Retrieved 21 February 2017.