Tony Conigliaro (mixologist)
This section has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Conigliaro's cocktail creations include a re-invention of the Prairie Oyster, the Apple White Lady, Rhubarb Clover Club, the Twinkle, and the Smoked Old Fashioned.
Conigliaro worked at Isola, The Lonsdale in London and the award-winning Roka restaurant in London. He opened his first establishment, 'the bar with no name', at 69 Colebrooke Row in Islington in 2009. He later opened Bar Termini in Soho in 2015, and the Drink Factory laboratory and consultancy in London Fields (originally upstairs at 69 Colebrooke Row, then at the former Britannia Row Studios site, and later in Haggerston). He has held regular cocktail masterclasses as Bar Termini and 69 Colebrooke Row. He is also drinks consultant to the Zetter Townhouse bars in Clerkenwell and Marylebone, and Bruno Loubet's Grain Store on Granary Square, King's Cross, and the launch of Heston Blumenthal's Dinner in Melbourne, Australia.
Conigliaro has written for industry magazines Theme and Class, and has been featured in articles in the mainstream UK media, in the likes of The Guardian and The Daily Telegraph. The New York Times has acclaimed him as the "No.1 Bradsell protégé", comparing him to renowned bartender Dick Bradsell, and he has also been called "one of mixology's global poster boys".
Conigliaro published his first book, Drinks, in 2012. The US edition, published in 2013 as The Cocktail Lab, won the 2014 James Beard award for best beverage book. His published his second book, 69 Colebrooke Row, in 2014. He also self-published two annual issues of the Drink Factory magazine.
- Isabelle Devereux Best Molecular Alcohol Index of the Year Award, Nominee 2018
- James Beard Book Award for Beverage, Winner 2014
- International Bartender of the Year Tales of the cocktail 2009
- no 10. At 100 best theme awards 2009
- Shochu Lounge, Best Bar Team, Restaurant Awards 2007
- Shochu Lounge, Time Out, Bar of the Year 2005
- Shochu Lounge, Best Drinks List, Theme Magazine 2005
- Shochu Lounge, Best Spirits List, Class Magazine 2005
- Roka, Best New Oriental Restaurant, Carlton Food Awards 2005
- Zuma, Best Restaurant, Tatler 2003
- Lonsdale House, Best Bar, Time Out 2004
- Sosho Match, Best Bar, Time Out 2001
- GQ Magazine 2012
- Class magazine
- Theme magazine 2003 - 2005
- Diageo international magazine
- Diageo website
Gourmet Diary of a Foodie, Discovery Channel. Market Kitchen, UKTV Food.
- Couture cocktails | Life and style | guardian.co.uk
- Cooler shaker - Telegraph
- The Best Town to Make an Upper Lip Stiff - New York Times
- Down a test-tube cocktail| Pubs & Bars | This is London
- "2014 JBF Awards Winners" (PDF). New York: James Beard Foundation. 2014. p. 1.
|This bartending-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This British biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|