|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 83rd district
September 15, 1999-December 31, 2008
|Preceded by||Ed Core|
|Succeeded by||David Burke|
March 20, 1964 |
|Alma mater||Ohio State University|
Anthony Core, commonly called Tony Core, is an American politician from Ohio and a former Republican member of the Ohio General Assembly. A graduate of Ohio State University, he is a lawyer from rural Rushsylvania in Logan County.
Core first entered government service in Logan County, where he was a member of the county's MR/DD board. In 1999, he was appointed to fill the empty seat for the 83rd District of the House of Representatives, which includes part or all of Logan, Marion, and Union counties; the seat had been vacated by the death of its previous occupant, Tony's father Ed. After finishing the partial term, he was re-elected to four full terms before being term-limited in 2008. His seat was filled by Dave Burke of Marysville.
During his time in the state legislature, Core used a logo of an apple eaten to the core.
- Tony Core (R), Ohio House of Representatives, 2008. Accessed 2008-11-07.
- 2004 Ohio Federal & State Legislative Election Wrap-Up, Ohio Capitol Connection, 2004. Accessed 2008-11-07.
- County voters weigh in on national, state races, Bellefontaine Examiner, 2008-11-05. Accessed 2008-11-07.
- Election 08 Results, Bellefontaine Examiner, 2008-11-05. Accessed 2008-11-07.
- Biography, Core website. Accessed 2008-11-07.