August 25, 1967 |
Kinston, North Carolina
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school||Kinston (Kinston, North Carolina)|
|NBA draft||1989 / Undrafted|
|1991–1992||Beitar Tel Aviv|
|1992–1993||Rapid City Thrillers|
|1994–1995||Rapid City Thrillers|
|1995–1997||TSV 04 Leverkusen|
|2000–2001||Al Riyadi Beirut|
|2002–2003||Cocodrilos de Caracas|
|Career highlights and awards|
Antonio Ray "Tony" Dawson (born August 25, 1967) is a retired American professional basketball player. At a height of 6'7" (2.01 m) tall, and a weight of 210 lb. (95 kg), he played at the small forward position.
Dawson played a handful of NBA games during the 1990s. Dawson was signed to a 10-day contract by the Sacramento Kings on March 7, 1991. He played in 4 NBA games with them, averaging 2.3 points and 0.5 rebounds per game.
On January 25, 1995, as a member of the CBA's Rockford Lightning, he was named the Most Valuable Player of the CBA All-Star Game, which was held at Hartford Civic Center, in Hartford, Connecticut, after he scored 26 points.
He was signed to a 10-day contract by the Boston Celtics on March 28, 1995, but he did not play in an NBA game for them. He was signed to a second contract on April 7, and then played in 2 NBA games for them, averaging four points and 1.5 rebounds per game. Dawson also played professionally in Spain, Israel, France, Germany, Greece, Lebanon, and Venezuela.
- 1991 NBA Transactions Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- Tony Dawson 1994-94 Game Log, basketballreference.com
- THE CBA ALL-STAR GAME - FIVE DECADES OF EXCELLENCE, by Chuck Miller on cbaclassic.com DOC (62 KiB)
- 1995 NBA Transactions Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- Tony Dawson basketpedya.com profile
- Jerrystackhouse.com - Bio - Oak Hill Archived 2007-12-29 at the Wayback Machine.
- Craig Dawson Demon Deacons Men's Basketball profile
- Career statistics and player information from Basketball-Reference.com