Tony Evans (radio)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Anthony Tyrone Evans
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Tony Evans, Th.D, is a Christian pastor, speaker, author, and a widely syndicated radio and television broadcaster in the United States. He was the first African American to earn a doctorate in Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary. He taught evangelism, homiletics and black church studies at DTS, and serves on its Board of Incorporate Members.
Dr. Evans serves as Senior Pastor to the over 9,500 member Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas, Texas, which was founded in 1976 with 10 members meeting at his home. He is also founder and president of The Urban Alternative, a national organization dedicated to the proclamation and application of the Word of God. The Urban Alternative radio broadcast, "The Alternative with Dr. Tony Evans" can be heard over 1,000 outlets daily throughout the U.S. and in over 100 countries worldwide. The broadcast can also be viewed on several television stations, as well as online at TonyEvans.org.
Dr. Evans' goal is to advance God's kingdom agenda on earth. The kingdom agenda is the visible demonstration of the comprehensive rule of God over every area of life.
Dr. Evans is married to Lois. He is the father of four: Chrystal, Priscilla, Anthony Jr., and Jonathan. He and Lois are the grandparents of eleven: Kariss, Jessica, Jackson, Jesse III, Jerry Jr., Kanaan, Jude, Joel, Kelsey, Jonathan II and Kamden.
His oldest child, Chrystal Hurst, is a worship leader and writer. She recently co-authored the book, Kingdom Woman, with her father.
His daughter Priscilla Shirer is a New York Times Best-Selling Author, Christian speaker and founder of Going Beyond Ministries.
His son Anthony Evans Jr. is a Christian musical artist with multiple CDs including Home, Letting Go, and Even More. He has collaborated with Grammy Award winning singer Kirk Franklin. He was also a contestant on season two of The Voice.
His son Jonathan was a professional football player in the National Football League. He played fullback for the Buffalo Bills, Washington Redskins, and the Dallas Cowboys. Jonathan is the current chaplain of the Dallas Cowboys.
- 1972 B.A., Carver Bible College
- 1976 Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary
- 1982 Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary
- The Power Of God's Names
- Praying Through the Names of God
- The Kingdom Agenda
- Kingdom Woman: Embracing Your Purpose, Power, and Possibilities
- Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream
- Destiny: Let God Use You Like He Made You
- God's Unlikely Path To Success
- Divorce and Remarriage
- Activating the Power of the Cross
- Victory in Spiritual Warfare
- Oneness Embraced-Through the Eyes of Tony Evans
- God Is Up To Something Great
- God Can Not Be Trusted (And Five Other Lies of Satan)
- Between A Rock And A Hard Place
- Tony Evans' Book of Illustrations
- Theology You Can Count On
- One Nation Under God
- One Family Under God
- Living Single
- Help and Hope for Single Parents
- A Moment For Your Soul