|Born||Anthony Armand Ferguson Padilla|
February 12, 1984
Oxnard, California, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||155 lb (70 kg; 11.1 st)|
|Reach||76 1⁄2 in (194 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Ventura, California, U.S.|
|Trainer||Boxing: Rashad Holloway, Joseph Janik (Former)|
Muay Thai: Billy Fonua
Jiu-Jitsu: Eddie Bravo, Ricardo "Franjinha" Miller (Former)
|Rank||Black belt in 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu under Eddie Bravo|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Anthony Armand Ferguson Padilla (born February 12, 1984) is an American professional mixed martial artist currently competing in the lightweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in which he is a former interim UFC Lightweight Champion. A professional competitor since 2008, Ferguson has been with the UFC since he won The Ultimate Fighter 13. As of December 16, 2019, he is #10 in the UFC men's pound-for-pound rankings and #1 in the UFC lightweight rankings.
Ferguson was born in Oxnard, California, on February 12, 1984, but grew up mainly in Muskegon, Michigan. He is of Mexican heritage. His surname of Ferguson comes from his Scottish American stepfather.
Ferguson was a three-sport athlete at Muskegon Catholic Central High School in football, baseball, and wrestling. He was the starting defensive back for the 2000 Division 8 state football champions and was a three-time All-State selection in wrestling, winning the 152-lb division in 2002.
After high school, Ferguson enrolled at Central Michigan University before transferring to Grand Valley State University. He also did a stint at Muskegon Community College. He did not complete his degree, but had a successful collegiate wrestling career, winning the 2006 National Collegiate Wrestling Association national wrestling championship in the 165-lb division.
Following college, Ferguson moved back to California to be closer to his extended family, working in marketing and sales during the day and picking up shifts as a bartender at night. One night, while working a bar shift, a patron talked to him about his wrestling background and invited him to work with some young mixed martial artists on their wrestling. Shortly after this, he decided to pursue a professional mixed martial arts (MMA) career.
Mixed martial arts career
Ferguson began his professional MMA career fighting in small organizations around California in 2007. Notable matches in his early career include a win over kickboxing champion Joe Schilling and a loss to future WEC fighter Karen Darabedyan.
The Ultimate Fighter
Ferguson applied to compete in the UFC's reality series "The Ultimate Fighter" multiple times. In 2010, he was finally accepted to compete in season 13 of the series after amassing a 10-2 professional record and winning the welterweight championship in PureCombat. He competed as a welterweight on The Ultimate Fighter: Team Lesnar vs. Team dos Santos.
Ferguson was selected as the third pick for Team Lesnar. In his first fight, Ferguson defeated Justin Edwards by knockout in the first round. He next faced Ryan McGillivray in the quarterfinals and won by a TKO in the first round. He then faced Chuck O'Neil in the semifinals and won by TKO in the third round to advance to the final.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Ferguson officially made his UFC debut at the Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale against Ramsey Nijem to determine the winner of The Ultimate Fighter 13. Ferguson defeated Nijem by knockout in the first round to win a UFC contract and received the Knockout of the Night bonus.
Following his debut, Ferguson returned to lightweight and faced Aaron Riley on September 24, 2011, at UFC 135. The fight was stopped after the first round after Riley said he had a broken jaw. The fight was declared a TKO victory for Ferguson.
Ferguson was expected to face Dennis Hallman on May 5, 2012, at UFC on Fox: Diaz vs. Miller. However, Hallman was forced out of the bout with an injury and replaced by Thiago Tavares. Then, Tavares was forced out of the bout with an injury and replaced by Michael Johnson. Ferguson lost the fight by unanimous decision.
After over a year away from competition while healing an arm injury incurred in his last fight, Ferguson returned to face Mike Rio on October 19, 2013, at UFC 166. He won by D'Arce choke submission in the first round. The win also earned him his first Submission of the Night award.
Ferguson was expected to face Danny Castillo on August 2, 2014, at UFC 176. However, after UFC 176 was cancelled, Castillo/Ferguson was rescheduled and took place on August 30, 2014, at UFC 177. Ferguson won the fight via split decision.
Ferguson was expected to face Yancy Medeiros on February 28, 2015, at UFC 184. However, Medeiros pulled out of the bout, citing injury, and was replaced by Gleison Tibau. Ferguson won the fight by submission in the first round which also earned him a Performance of the Night bonus.
Ferguson faced Josh Thomson on July 15, 2015, at UFC Fight Night 71. He won the fight via unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, and 30–26) and earned his second straight Performance of the Night bonus.
Ferguson was expected to face Khabib Nurmagomedov on December 11, 2015, at the Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale. However, Nurmagomedov pulled out of the fight in late October, citing injury, and was replaced by Edson Barboza. After a back-and-forth first round that had Ferguson docked one point due to an illegal upkick, Ferguson finished Barboza with a D'Arce choke submission in the second round. He earned his third consecutive Performance of the Night bonus as well as a Fight of the Night bonus.
A rematch with Michael Johnson was briefly scheduled for March 5, 2016, at UFC 196. However, on January 27, it was announced that Johnson withdrew from the bout due to injury. In turn, the bout with Nurmagomedov was rescheduled and expected take place on April 16, 2016, at UFC on Fox 19. On April 5, Ferguson pulled out of the bout due to a lung issue. He was replaced by promotional newcomer Darrell Horcher.
Ferguson was expected to face Michael Chiesa on July 13, 2016, at UFC Fight Night 91. However, Chiesa pulled out of the fight on June 27, citing injury, and was replaced by promotional newcomer Lando Vannata. Ferguson won his second straight fight via D'Arce choke and was awarded another Fight of the Night bonus.
Ferguson fought former champion Rafael dos Anjos on November 5, 2016, at the Ultimate Fighter Latin America 3 Finale. He won the fight by unanimous decision. Both participants were awarded Fight of the Night, which gave Ferguson his sixth post-fight bonus in his past five fights.
The pairing with Nurmagomedov was scheduled for a third time at UFC 209, this time for the interim UFC Lightweight Championship. However, prior to the weigh-ins for the event, Nurmagomedov was hospitalized due to the ill-effects of his weight cut, and the bout was cancelled yet again.
A bout with Nurmagomedov had been scheduled for the fourth time on April 7, 2018, at UFC 223. However, on April 1, 2018, Ferguson reportedly tore his fibular collateral ligament while walking on the set for a pre-fight media obligation and was forced to withdraw from the event.
Ferguson faced Anthony Pettis on October 6, 2018, at UFC 229. He won the bout via corner stoppage after two rounds. Pettis' longtime cornerman and coach, Duke Roufus, informed the referee that he would not continue after suffering a broken hand. This win earned him his fourth Fight of the Night bonus.
Ferguson next faced Donald Cerrone on June 8, 2019, at UFC 238. He won the fight via TKO due to a doctor stoppage after Cerrone blew his nose between rounds 2 & 3 which caused his swollen right eye to completely close, rendering him unable to continue. This fight earned him the Fight of the Night award.
Ferguson has a son with his wife, Cristina Ferguson.
In March 2019, Cristina filed a restraining order against Ferguson, alleging uncharacteristic behavior such as severe paranoia, not sleeping for days, tearing apart their home fireplace, and believing that a tracking chip was inserted into his leg during reconstructive knee surgery. Ferguson's wife, however, did not claim any form of abuse or violence from Ferguson, and claims that she filed the restraining order as a precautionary measure to get Ferguson the necessary help for his mental state. In April 2019, Ferguson's wife had dropped the restraining order, and it was revealed that Ferguson would resume fighting.
Championships and accomplishments
- National Collegiate Wrestling Association
- Michigan High School Athletic Association
Mixed martial arts
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Interim UFC Lightweight Championship (One time)
- The Ultimate Fighter 13 winner
- Fight of the Night (Five times) vs. Edson Barboza, Lando Vannata, Rafael dos Anjos, Anthony Pettis and Donald Cerrone
- Knockout of the Night (One time) vs. Ramsey Nijem
- Submission of the Night (One time) vs. Mike Rio
- Performance of the Night (Three times) vs. Edson Barboza, Josh Thomson and Gleison Tibau
- Longest winning streak in UFC lightweight history (12)
- PureCombat Welterweight Championship (One time)
- World MMA Awards
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|28 matches||25 wins||3 losses|
|Win||25–3||Donald Cerrone||TKO (doctor stoppage)||UFC 238||June 8, 2019||2||5:00||Chicago, Illinois, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||24–3||Anthony Pettis||TKO (corner stoppage)||UFC 229||October 6, 2018||2||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||23–3||Kevin Lee||Submission (triangle choke)||UFC 216||October 7, 2017||3||4:02||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Won the interim UFC Lightweight Championship. Later stripped of the title due to injury.|
|Win||22–3||Rafael dos Anjos||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter Latin America 3 Finale: dos Anjos vs. Ferguson||November 5, 2016||5||5:00||Mexico City, Mexico||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||21–3||Lando Vannata||Submission (D'Arce choke)||UFC Fight Night: McDonald vs. Lineker||July 13, 2016||2||2:22||Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||20–3||Edson Barboza||Submission (D'Arce choke)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber Finale||December 11, 2015||2||2:54||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Performance of the Night. Fight of the Night.|
|Win||19–3||Josh Thomson||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Mir vs. Duffee||July 15, 2015||3||5:00||San Diego, California, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||18–3||Gleison Tibau||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC 184||February 28, 2015||1||2:37||Los Angeles, California, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||17–3||Abel Trujillo||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC 181||December 6, 2014||2||4:19||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||16–3||Danny Castillo||Decision (split)||UFC 177||August 30, 2014||3||5:00||Sacramento, California, United States|
|Win||15–3||Katsunori Kikuno||KO (punch)||UFC 173||May 24, 2014||1||4:06||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||14–3||Mike Rio||Submission (D'Arce choke)||UFC 166||October 19, 2013||1||1:52||Houston, Texas, United States||Submission of the Night.|
|Loss||13–3||Michael Johnson||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Diaz vs. Miller||May 5, 2012||3||5:00||East Rutherford, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||13–2||Yves Edwards||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller Finale||December 3, 2011||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||12–2||Aaron Riley||TKO (doctor stoppage)||UFC 135||September 24, 2011||1||5:00||Denver, Colorado, United States||Return to Lightweight.|
|Win||11–2||Ramsey Nijem||KO (punch)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Lesnar vs. Team dos Santos Finale||June 4, 2011||1||3:54||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Won The Ultimate Fighter 13 Welterweight Tournament. Knockout of the Night.|
|Win||10–2||Brock Jardine||TKO (punches)||PureCombat 12: Champions for Children||September 25, 2010||4||2:35||Clovis, California, United States||Won the vacant PureCombat Welterweight Championship.|
|Win||9–2||David Gardner||TKO (punches)||CA Fight Syndicate: Battle of the 805||March 26, 2010||2||0:27||Ventura, California, United States||Catchweight (158 lbs) bout.|
|Win||8–2||Chris Kennedy||TKO (doctor stoppage)||National Fight Alliance MMA: Resurrection||December 18, 2009||1||2:29||Ventura, California, United States|
|Loss||7–2||Jamie Toney||Technical Submission (triangle choke)||National Fight Alliance MMA: MMA at the Hyatt 3||October 16, 2009||1||2:15||Westlake Village, California, United States|
|Win||7–1||James Fanshier||Decision (unanimous)||Rebel Fighter||July 17, 2009||3||5:00||Placerville, California, United States|
|Win||6–1||Devin Benjamin||TKO (punches and elbows)||National Fight Alliance MMA: MMA at the Hyatt II||May 28, 2009||1||0:51||Westlake Village, California, United States|
|Win||5–1||Daniel Hernandez||TKO (punches)||National Fight Alliance MMA: Riot at the Hyatt||March 5, 2009||1||2:22||Westlake Village, California, United States||Return to Welterweight.|
|Loss||4–1||Karen Darabedyan||Decision (unanimous)||All Star Boxing: Caged in the Cannon||February 6, 2009||3||3:00||Montebello, California, United States||Lightweight debut.|
|Win||4–0||Frank Park||Submission (mounted triangle armbar)||Long Beach Fight Night 3||January 4, 2009||1||2:43||Long Beach, California, United States|
|Win||3–0||Joe Schilling||Submission (Von Flue choke)||Total Fighting Alliance 12||September 13, 2008||2||2:12||Long Beach, California, United States|
|Win||2–0||Brandon Adams||TKO (punches)||Total Fighting Alliance 11: Pounding at the Pyramid||July 12, 2008||2||2:18||Long Beach, California, United States|
|Win||1–0||Steve Avalos||TKO (punches and elbows)||California Xtreme Fighting: Anarchy at the Arena||April 12, 2008||2||1:25||Upland, California, United States|
|Exhibition record breakdown|
|3 matches||3 wins||0 losses|
|Win||3–0||Chuck O'Neil||TKO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter 13||June 1, 2011 (airdate)||3||3:10||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||The Ultimate Fighter 13 Semi-Final round.|
|Win||2–0||Ryan McGillivray||TKO (punches)||May 25, 2011 (airdate)||1||0:46||The Ultimate Fighter 13 Quarter-Final round.|
|Win||1–0||Justin Edwards||KO (upkick)||May 4, 2011 (airdate)||1||3:56||The Ultimate Fighter 13 Preliminary round.|
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Mir vs. Duffee". UFC.com. Archived from the original on July 15, 2015. Retrieved July 17, 2015.
- Gerbasi, Thomas. "Brick by Brick - Building Tony Ferguson". UFC (in Spanish). Retrieved 22 August 2019.
- "Interim UFC champ Tony Ferguson receives jiu-jitsu black belt from Eddie Bravo". MMAjunkie. 2017-10-19. Archived from the original on 2017-10-19. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Grand Valley State University Student Life Sports - All Americans". gvsustudentlifesports.com. Archived from the original on December 9, 2014. Retrieved December 7, 2014.
- STATE OF NEVADA DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY Mixed Martial Arts Show Results
- "Rankings | UFC". www.ufc.com. Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- "UFC 216 pre-event facts: Tony Ferguson looks to extend longest win-streak in UFC lightweight history". 2017-10-07. Archived from the original on 2017-10-22. Retrieved 2017-10-22.
- "Fighter on Fighter! Breaking Down 'El Cucuy!'". 2017-10-05. Archived from the original on 2017-10-22. Retrieved 2017-10-22.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110405063742/http://www.ultimatefighter.com/fighter/anthony-ferguson. Archived from the original on April 5, 2011. Retrieved May 5, 2011. Missing or empty
- The Ultimate Fighter 13 – episode 9 recap: Quarterfinals Archived 2011-05-30 at the Wayback Machine. Prommanow.com (2011-05-25). Retrieved on 2011-12-04.
- Stupp, Dann. "UFC 135 preliminary-card results: Ferguson breaks Riley's jaw, Boetsch cruises". MMAJunkie.com. Archived from the original on 26 September 2011. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- "Yves Edwards vs. Tony Ferguson added to December's The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale". mmajunkie.com. October 21, 2011. Archived from the original on May 16, 2012.
- Becker, Dana. "Tony Ferguson-Dennis Hallman Planned For UFC On FOX 3". fightline.com. Archived from the original on 30 July 2012. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "Tavares replaces injured Hallman, faces Ferguson at UFC on Fox 3". mmajunkie.com. March 16, 2012. Archived from the original on March 17, 2012. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- "Thiago Tavares out, Tony Ferguson now meets Michael Johnson on UFC on FOX 3". mmajunkie.com. March 29, 2012. Archived from the original on March 30, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- Staff (2012-05-12). "UFC on FOX 3 results: Michael Johnson outstrikes Tony Ferguson, earns decision win". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "Tony Ferguson vs. Mike Rio added to UFC 166". mmajunkie.com. July 12, 2013. Archived from the original on July 25, 2013. Retrieved July 12, 2013.
- Staff (2013-10-20). "UFC 166 bonuses: Melendez, Sanchez, Dodson and Ferguson win $60,000". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2013-10-20. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- Staff (2014-03-03). "Tony Ferguson meets Katsunori Kikuno at UFC 173 in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2014-03-06. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- Staff (2014-06-11). "Danny Castillo vs. Tony Ferguson booked for UFC 176 in August". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2014-06-11. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
- Heidi Fang (2014-07-08). "Danny Castillo on being a part of a canceled fight card and Mendes' frustrations". mmafightcorner.com. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2014-07-08.
- Dana Becker (2014-09-24). "Tony Ferguson-Abel Trujillo added To UFC 181 lineup". fightline.com. Archived from the original on 2014-12-09. Retrieved 2014-09-24.
- Staff (2015-01-13). "Lightweights Tony Ferguson vs. Yancy Medeiros added to UFC 184". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2015-01-14. Retrieved 2015-01-13.
- C.J. Tuttle (2015-02-03). "Gleison Tibau replaces Yancy Medeiros, faces Tony Ferguson at UFC 184". sherdog.com. Archived from the original on 2015-02-04. Retrieved 2015-02-03.
- Matt Erickson (2015-03-01). "UFC 184 bonuses: Of course Ronda Rousey won $50,000. But who joined her?". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2015-03-03. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- Staff (2015-04-02). "Tony Ferguson-Josh Thomson Lightweight bout added to UFC Fight Night in San Diego". Sherdog.com. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
- Ben Fowlkes (2015-07-15). "UFC Fight Night 71 results: Tony Ferguson dominates durable, bloodied Josh Thomson". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2015-07-16. Retrieved 2015-07-15.
- Staff (2015-07-16). "UFC Fight Night 71 bonuses: Frank Mir's crushing KO nets him $50,000". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2015-07-16. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- Staff (2015-08-21). "Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson slated for TUF 22 Finale in December". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2015-08-21. Retrieved 2015-08-21.
- Marc Raimondi (2015-10-30). "Edson Barboza steps in for Khabib Nurmagomedov to face Tony Ferguson at TUF Finale". mmafighting.com. Archived from the original on 2015-10-31. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-12-11). "TUF 22 Finale results: Tony Ferguson submits Edson Barboza in bloody thriller". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2015-12-12. Retrieved 2015-12-11.
- Tristen Critchfield (2015-12-12). "'TUF 22' Finale Bonuses: Tony Ferguson Earns $100K for Wild Win Over Edson Barboza". sherdog.com. Archived from the original on 2015-12-15. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Staff (2016-01-21). "Tony Ferguson vs. Michael Johnson rematch added to UFC 197". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2016-01-23. Retrieved 2016-01-21.
- Hunter A. Homistek (2016-01-26). "Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson targeted for April UFC on Fox event". mmafighting.com. Archived from the original on 2016-02-02. Retrieved 2016-01-27.
- Damon Martin (2016-04-05). "Tony Ferguson out; Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira set as new main event". foxsports.com. Archived from the original on 2016-04-10. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- Mookie Alexander (2016-04-07). "Khabib Nurmagomedov to face newcomer Darrell Horcher at UFC on FOX 19". bloodyelbow.com. Archived from the original on 2016-04-10. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- Helwani, Ariel (2016-05-06). "Tony Ferguson vs. Michael Chiesa in the works for UFC's South Dakota debut". MMA Fighting. Archived from the original on 2016-05-07. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- John Morgan (2016-06-27). "Michael Chiesa out at UFC Fight Night 91, UFC seeks new opponent for Tony Ferguson". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2016-06-28. Retrieved 2016-06-27.
- Tristen Critchfield (2016-06-28). "Tony Ferguson to face newcomer Landon Vannata at UFC Fight Night Sioux Falls". sherdog.com. Archived from the original on 2016-06-29. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- Ben Fowlkes (2016-07-13). "UFC Fight Night 91 results: Tony Ferguson gets stiff test, but taps Lando Vannata in second". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2016-07-17. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- Tristen Critchfield (2016-07-14). "UFC Fight Night Sioux Falls bonuses: Ferguson, Vannata Garner $50K apiece for wild battle". sherdog.com. Archived from the original on 2016-07-15. Retrieved 2016-07-14.
- Amy Kaplan (2016-08-02). "Rafael dos Anjos vs. Tony Ferguson confirmed to headline Mexico City". champions.co. Archived from the original on 2016-08-02. Retrieved 2015-08-02.
- Damon Martin (2016-11-06). "Tony Ferguson outduels Rafael dos Anjos in five-round war". foxsports.com. Archived from the original on 2016-11-08. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- Tristen Critchfield (2016-11-05). "UFC Fight Night bonuses: Ferguson, dos Anjos, Lamas, Silva de Andrade receive $50K". sherdog.com. Archived from the original on 2016-11-07. Retrieved 2016-11-05.
- "It's official: Khabib Nurmagomedov, Tony Ferguson meet for interim 155 title in UFC 209 co-main". MMAjunkie. 2017-01-13. Archived from the original on 2017-01-14. Retrieved 2017-01-15.
- Staff (2017-03-03). "Khabib Nurmagomedov hospitalized after weight cut, UFC 209 title fight with Tony Ferguson off". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2017-03-03. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "UFC 216 results: Tony Ferguson taps resilient Kevin Lee in 3rd to win interim lightweight title". MMAjunkie. 2017-10-08. Archived from the original on 2017-10-10. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship (2017-10-07), UFC 216: Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee Octagon Interviews, archived from the original on 2017-10-11, retrieved 2017-10-10
- Staff (2018-01-17). "Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov a go for UFC 223, Dana White says". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2018-01-17. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "Tony Ferguson out, Max Holloway now meets Khabib Nurmagomedov for undisputed lightweight title". MMAjunkie. 2018-04-01. Archived from the original on 2018-04-02. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- Harkness, Ryan (2018-04-01). "You won't believe how Tony Ferguson injured his knee and ended up off UFC 223". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 2019-06-03.
- Staff (2018-08-23). "Tony Ferguson to return vs. Anthony Pettis at UFC 229". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "UFC 229 results: Tony Ferguson's comeback complete; Anthony Pettis' corner stops crazy brawl". MMAjunkie. 2018-10-07. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "UFC 229 Bonuses, Live Gate & Attendance Revealed • MMA News". MMA News. 2018-10-07. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- Hiergesell, Dan (2019-05-10). "Ferguson Vs. Cerrone Set For UFC 238 Next Month". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
- "UFC 238 results: Donald Cerrone's eye shuts, leading to Tony Ferguson TKO win". MMA Junkie. 2019-06-09. Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- "UFC 238 bonuses: Tony Ferguson, 'Cowboy' Cerrone get a clear 'Fight of Night' winner". MMA Junkie. 2019-06-09. Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- "OFFICIAL: UFC confirms Khabib vs Ferguson date & location". RT International. Retrieved 2019-12-14.
- Marrocco, Steven (2019-03-15). "Tony Ferguson's wife files restraining order after multiple police visits to home". MMAjunkie. USA Today Sports. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Tony Ferguson's wife files for restraining order, concerned for his well being". sports.yahoo.com. March 15, 2019. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- "Tony Ferguson's wife drops restraining order case". MMAFighting.com. April 23, 2019. Retrieved April 23, 2019.
- Bryan Tucker (July 4, 2019). "World MMA Awards 2019 Results". mmafighting.com.
- "Ferguson Takes Pure Combat Welterweight Belt; Emerson Victorious". Archived from the original on 2015-07-16. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- Sherdog.com. "Tony". Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
|New title|| 1st UFC Interim Lightweight Champion
October 7, 2017 - April 7, 2018