|Anthony Raymond Fitzjohn|
|Born||July 7, 1945|
|Known for||Field director, George Adamson Wildlife Preservation Trusts|
Anthony Raymond Fitzjohn, OBE is a conservationist who worked extensively with George Adamson at Kora in Africa. In recognition of his service to wildlife conservation, Fitzjohn was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire in 2006.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Established and stocked the first successful rhinoceros sanctuary in Tanzania.
- 30 years of successful rehabilitation of zoo animals into the wild.
- Gained National Park status for two game reserves.
- Completed the construction of a new secondary school for 400 children.
- Provided local communities with clean water supply, dispensary and Flying Doctor service.
- First successful captive breeding program for endangered African hunting dog in East Africa.
- Ground-breaking veterinary research into disease of endangered species.
- 20 years of developing and supporting anti-poaching units.
- The Leopards of Kora
- Was a wildlife documentary taped in 1982. It was produced by Gary Streiker and videotaped by Mark Roberts and was presented on BBC in 1992, about the release of two leopards into the Kora Preserve in the mid-1980s. The documentary was also presented on the Discovery Channel prior to that.
- Born to be Wild
- A BBC documentary released in 1999, about the translocation of the elephant, Nina, to the Mkomazi Game Reserve after 27 years in captivity. 
- Mkomazi: Return of the Rhino
- Produced by Henson International Television with music by Nikolas Labrinakos this documentary follows the capture in South Africa of four black rhinos and their journey back to their original homeland of Mkomazi in Tanzania. 
- To Walk with Lions
- This 1999 film is the dramatic continuation of George Adamson's (Richard Harris) fight to save Kenya's wildlife. Together with his young assistant Tony Fitzjohn (John Michie), Adamson battles to keep the animals on his game reserve Kora from dangerous poachers and deadly shifta bandits.  
- Jackman, Brian (6 Feb 2001), "Tanzania: The lion man of Cockfosters In Tanzania, an Englishman is champion of endangered big game.", Daily Telegraph
- Boynton, Graham (2 Dec 2003), "The 'Hippie Tarzan" With a New Calling.", Daily Telegraph
- Calkin, Jessamy (15 April 2010). "Conservationist Tony Fitzjohn: born to be wild". The Telegraph. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- HM THE QUEEN'S BIRTHDAY HONOURS 2006 - DIPLOMATIC SERVICE AND OVERSEAS LIST, 2006-06-01, retrieved 2008-06-01
4. Born Wild: The Extraordinary Story of One Man's Passion for Lions and for Africa by Tony Fitzjohn: Tony Fitzjohn's autobiography.