|Date of birth||27 June 1969|
|Original team(s)||Lalbert Football Club|
|Height||178 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||79 kg (174 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1996.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Tony Free (born 27 June 1969) is a former Australian rules footballer who played in the VFL/AFL between 1987 and 1996 for the Richmond Football Club. He played one game in the 1987 season (wearing No. 49) and then became a regular player from 1988 (wearing No. 30).
Free's career was cut short by a knee injury and he retired in 1996. His last game was against Geelong in round 5 of 1996.
Free captained the club for three seasons from 1994 and was appointed a Director of the club in June 2008. In December 2013, he became a Life Member of the club.
In 2019 Free was inducted into the Richmond 'Hall of Fame'.
- ^ "Tony Free". Fan Footy. Paul Montgomery. 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- ^ "Tony Free". Australian Football. The Slattery Media. 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- ^ "The Board". Richmond Football Club. Telstra Media. 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- ^ Greenberg, Tony (15 March 2019). "Tony Free enters Hall of Fame". RFC Official Site. Australian Football League. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- Hogan P: The Tigers Of Old, Richmond FC, Melbourne 1996
- Tony Free's playing statistics from AFL Tables