|Born||2 November 1963|
|Education||Finchley Catholic High School|
|Known for||Tabloid journalism|
Tony Gallagher (born 2 November 1963) is a British newspaper editor. He was appointed as editor-in-chief of The Sun in early September 2015. He is a former editor at The Daily Telegraph and was joint deputy editor of the Daily Mail before his current post.
Gallagher attended Finchley Catholic High School and Bristol University and then City University London. He began his career as a trainee journalist at the Southern Evening Echo in Southampton in 1985, and then moved to the South West News Agency in Bristol in 1987. He joined Today in 1988, and then became a reporter at the Daily Mail in 1990. He attracted attention for his Princess Diana-related exclusives. He later became news editor and finally assistant editor in 2006. He joined The Daily Telegraph in October 2006 as head of news. He became deputy editor in September 2007.
- Ponsford, Dominic (2 September 2015). "Rebekah Brooks is back at News UK as chief exec, Tony Gallagher to edit The Sun". Press Gazette. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- Dominic Ponsford "Former Daily Telegraph editor Tony Gallagher returns to Daily Mail as joint deputy editor", Press Gazette, 16 April 2014
- Gallagher, Tony (14 October 2011). "Witness Statement of Tony Gallagher" (PDF). Leveson Inquiry. Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- James Robinson, "Profile: Tony Gallagher, Daily Telegraph editor", The Guardian, 30 November 2009
- Stephen Glover, "Stephen Glover: Telegraph's new hardman finishes Barclay revolution", The Independent, 30 November 2009
- Fred McConnell "Tony Gallagher exits as Daily Telegraph editor", theguardian.com, 21 January 2013
- Tara Conlan and Lisa O'Carroll "Tony Gallagher appointed Daily Mail joint deputy editor", theguardian.com, 16 April 2014
- Sweney, Mark; Greenslade, Roy (2 September 2015). "Rebekah Brooks' return confirmed as Tony Gallagher is named Sun editor". The Guardian. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- Colin Randall, "http://salutsunderland.com/2010/12/west-ham-assessed-from-the-top-of-the-telegraph-pole/
| Deputy Editor of the
| Editor of
The Daily Telegraph
(sole deputy editor)
| Joint Deputy Editor of the
| Editor of The Sun