Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gould's many recordings and performances reveal his harmonic view of music and his love of music from both African-American and European jazz traditions, as well as the classical works of Bach, Mahler, Stravinsky and Messiaen.
- Live at Bennetts Lane w/Rob Burke and Tony Gould Quartet JazzHead 2011
- Home w/Emma Gilmartin - voice. Move Records 2010
- Tony Gould: The Lucky Ones. Move Records 2010
- Here w/Rob Burke - sax. JazzHead 2010
- Is it Spring Yet? w/Imogen Manins – cello, David Jones -perc. HUSH 2009
- Under the Tall Trees w/Imogen Manins – cello, David Jones -perc. ABC Atmospheres, 2008
- In Memoriam two pianos w/David Ward-Steinman Move Records. 2007
- At the End of the Day: A Ramble on Irish Melodies - solo piano, ABC Classics, 2005
- McJad Goes Organic w/Keith Hounslow – trumpet, Move Records, 2003
- Tomorrow, Just You Wait and See w/Emma Gilmartin – voice, Move Records, 2003
- Wide-Eyed w/Rob Burke & quartet, JazzHead, 2003
- Last Will and Testament of John Sangster. Move Records, 2003
- Pianamente w/John Hoffman’s ConArtists, Griffith University, 2002
- Once in a Lyall w/Graeme Lyall & quartet. Now Hear This! 2003
- From Within w/Peter Petrucci – guitar, Move Records, 2002
- River Story w/Peter Petrucci – guitar, Move Records, 2001
- The Tony Gould Quartet. Move Records, 1998
- Chronicle: Orchestral and Film Music of Tony Gould. Move Records, 1998
- A Tin Roof for the Rain. w/quartet, Larrikin Records, 1998
- Unanimity w/Bob Sedergreen, Move Records, 1988
- Lyric w/Ben Robertson – double bass, Steve Heather, Newmarket, 1994
- Horn Destinations w/Richard Runnels – horn, Brachi Tilles – piano, Move Records, 1991
- Spirit of the Rainbow w/Brian Brown – flute/saxophone, Move Records, 1990
- Best of Friends w/various ensembles, Move Records, 1984
- Gould Plays Gould w/John Sangster and orchestra, Move Records, 1979
- Introducing McJad w/Keith Hounslow – trumpet/flugel, Move Records, 1978
- Tony Gould Solo piano, Larrikin Records, 1974
- Essays on Music and Musicians in Australia
- The Art of Musical Improvisation: Thoughts and Ideas
- 2005 – nominated for APRA/Australian Music Centre (AMC) Classical Music Award for "Outstanding Contribution to Australian Music in Education" (2005)
- 2006, Australia Council Music Board Fellowship (2006–2007)
- 2007, Distinguished Artist residency at Arthur Boyd's artist's studios in Bundanon (2007)
- 2007, Order of Australia (AM) (2007)
- Don Banks Award (Australia Council for the Arts)
- 2009, won APRA/AMC Classical Music Awards – Instrumental Work of the Year "The River Meets the Sea" by Imogen Manins, Tony Gould, David Jones from Under the Tall Trees; nominated in same category for Kashmir Remembered by Gould and performed by Gould (piano), Jones (percussion), Manins (cello).
- 2011 Australian Jazz Bell Awards 'Hall of Fame'
- Suite of compositions for Hush (2009)
- Crossroads for clarinet cello and piano (2009)
- Crossing Sonata for Solo Piano (2007)
- Concerto for percussion and orchestra (2007)
- Iluka Suite - for piano, cello & perc & strings (2007)
- Improvisation for piano and string orchestra
- The Subtlety of Time - concerto for sax. and orchestra (1987)
- Chronicle - for violin, viola, piano & chamber orch. (1987)
- Homage to Bach - for jazz piano trio and orchestra (1985)
- 24 pieces for 24 Australian poems (Hey Blue) - small ens. (1986)
- Under Milk Wood - (for narrator and chamber orchestra) (1997)
- Duet (for horn and piano)
- Wind Terrace (for flute choir) (1988)
- Plants in Action for small mixed ensemble (1993)
- Duo for tuba and piano (1980)
- The Oxford Companion to Australian Music
- The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz
- The Oxford Companion to Australian Jazz (also a contributor)
- The Virgin Encyclopedia of Jazz (Colin Larkin)
- The Australian Jazz Explosion (Mike Williams)
- Black Roots White Flowers (Adrian Bisset)
- Compositions for Improvisers (also a contributor) (Jeff Pressing)
- "2005 Winners - Classical Music Awards". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) | Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society (AMCOS) | Australian Music Centre (AMC). Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "2005 Finalists - Classical Music Awards". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) | Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society (AMCOS) | Australian Music Centre (AMC). Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Winners - Classical Music Awards". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) | Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society (AMCOS) | Australian Music Centre (AMC). Archived from the original on 25 March 2010. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "2009 Finalists - Classical Music Awards". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) | Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society (AMCOS) | Australian Music Centre (AMC). Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "The Australian Jazz Bell Awards 2011publisher=The Australian Jazz Bell Awards Limited". Retrieved 11 June 2018.