Jefferson with the Arizona Cardinals in 2015
|No. 23 Baltimore Ravens|
|Date of birth:||January 27, 1992|
|Place of birth:||San Diego, California|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||212 lb (96 kg)|
|High school:||Chula Vista (CA) Eastlake|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Tony Lemar Jefferson Jr. (born January 27, 1992) is an American football strong safety for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Oklahoma and signed with the Arizona Cardinals as an undrafted free agent in 2013.
High school career
Jefferson attended Eastlake High School in Chula Vista, California, where he made 88 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, four sacks, two fumbles caused, two fumbles recovered, and lead Eastlake to a San Diego Division 1 CIF championship during his senior year. He earned a 2009 USA Today All-American selection. Regarded as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Jefferson was listed as the No. 4 cornerback prospect in the class of 2010. He played in the 2010 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
At the University of Oklahoma, Jefferson was a 2010 Freshman All-American by College Football News, The Sporting News, and Big 12 Conference co-Defensive Freshman of the Year (along with OSU Cowboys linebacker Shaun Lewis).
He was signed by the Arizona Cardinals on May 13, 2013. In just his second preseason game, against the Dallas Cowboys, Jefferson recorded two interceptions to go along with five tackles.
After the 2013 season, Jefferson became a nominal starter and racked up 74 tackles in his first year in the main line-up. He has since solidified a role on the team in the form of the third-safety, playing a large number of snaps and occasionally taking the field in end-of-game situations.
Jefferson suffered an MCL sprain in Week 16 of the 2016 season and was placed on injured reserve.
- "Profile". rostermon.com.
- "Safeties 2010". Rivals.com. January 21, 2010.
- Cirminiello, Richard (December 14, 2010). "2010 CFN All-Freshman Defensive Team". College Football News.
- "SN college football Freshman of the Year: South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore". Sporting News.
- "All-Big 12 Football Awards Announced". Big 12 Conference. November 30, 2010.
- Urban, Darren (December 27, 2016). "Secondary Shift As Tony Jefferson Goes To IR". AZCardinals.com.
- Mink, Ryan (March 9, 2017). "Ravens Sign Safety Tony-Jefferson To 4-Year Deal". BaltimoreRavens.com.