|No. 24 – New York Giants|
|Born:||July 2, 1992|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Crockett (Detroit, Michigan)|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 5 / Pick: 156|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
Tony Lippett (born July 2, 1992) is an American football cornerback for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Michigan State, and was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL Draft.
Lippett attended Crockett High School in Detroit, Michigan, where he was a two-sport star in both football and track. He was a three-year starter on both sides of the ball (quarterback and cornerback) for the Crockett Rockets high school football team. As a junior in 2008, Lippett registered 36 tackles (32 solos, 4 assists) and three interceptions as a defensive back. On offense, he accounted for 2,749 total yards and 23 touchdowns. He completed 157-of-219 throws for 1,967 yards, 13 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions, and carried the ball 87 times for 782 yards and 10 more scores in 2008. As a senior in 2009, Lippett was an Associated Press (AP) All-State selection as a defensive back after recording 55 tackles (36 solos, 19 assists) and nine interceptions (45 return yards). On offense, he accounted for 3,014 total yards and 30 touchdowns while leading the Rockets to a 10-2 record. He completed 116-of-187 passes for 2,066 yards, 17 touchdowns and six interceptions, while also rushing 105 times for 948 yards and 13 more scores, earning All-Metro Detroit honors. He represented the East squad in the 2010 Michigan High School All-Star Game, played June 19 in Spartan Stadium, and led all receivers with four catches for 95 yards.
Also a standout track & field athlete, Lippett competed as a sprinter during his junior and senior seasons, participating in the sprint relays and the open 100m and 200-meters for Crockett. As a junior, he was 2nd in the 200-meter dash in the city (22.39 s) and the 4th in the state (23.06 s). He clocked a personal-best of 10.7 seconds in the 100-meter dash prior to his senior season, and was also timed routinely at 4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash.
Lippett was rated among the nation's top wide receivers by Scout.com (No. 62). He was named to SuperPrep's and PrepStar's All-Midwest Teams. He was listed among the state's top seniors by Scout.com (No. 13), Detroit Free Press (No. 13), Lansing State Journal (No. 16), The Detroit News (No. 17) and Rivals.com (No. 19).
Lippett started his career at Michigan State University as a cornerback. After he was redshirted as a freshman in 2010, Lippett appeared in all 14 games in 2011 with five starts. He finished the year with 18 tackles and four receptions for 44 yards. Prior to his sophomore season in 2012, he was moved to wide receiver full-time. He finished with 36 receptions for 392 yards and two touchdowns in 13 games. As a junior in 2013, he started 10 of 14 games and had a team-leading 44 receptions with 613 yards and two touchdowns. Lippett remained a starter his senior season in 2014. He had 65 receptions for 1,198 yards with 11 touchdowns and was named a first team All-Big Ten selection.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in
|4.56 s||1.67 s||2.65 s||4.13 s||6.92 s||36 in
|9 ft 6 in
|All values from NFL Combine and Pro Day|
Lippett became a starter in his second season after primarily playing on special teams as a rookie. He started 13 games, finished fourth on the team with 67 tackles, second on the team with four passes defensed, and leading the team with four interceptions.
On September 1, 2018, Lippett was released by the Dolphins.
New York Giants
On March 14, 2019, Lippett re-signed with the Giants.
- "Biography - All Star Players & Coaches". hof.mhsfca.com.
- "SpartanMag.com". michiganstate.rivals.com.
- "Tony Lippett catching on at cornerback for Michigan State".
- "Time at cornerback, quarterback helped Michigan State's Tony Lippett become a top Big Ten receiver".
- "MSU WR Tony Lippett takes long road to stardom".
- "Michigan State receiver Tony Lippett thrives in shift to offense".
- "Michigan State senior Tony Lippett has grown into go-to receiver".
- "Evolution of Michigan State's Tony Lippett".
- "MSU's Drummond, Lippett named Big Ten's best DB, WR".
- "Tony Lippett - Michigan State, WR : 2015 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". www.nfldraftscout.com.
- Parish, Alex (May 2, 2015). "2015 NFL Draft: Miami picks Tony Lippett in 5th Round". ThePhinsider.com. Retrieved May 29, 2017.
- "Miami Dolphins 2016 Team Statistics". ESPN.com.
- Smith, Michael David (August 15, 2017). "Dolphins lose starting cornerback Tony Lippett for season". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- "Dolphins Make Roster Moves". MiamiDolphins.com. September 2, 2017.
- "Miami Dolphins Make Roster Moves". MiamiDolphins.com. September 1, 2018.
- Alper, Josh (October 25, 2018). "Giants sign Tony Lippett". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.
- Williams, Charean (March 14, 2019). "Giants bring back Tony Lippett". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.