Anthony Samuel Magistrale is a professor in English at the University of Vermont since 1983. He received a B.A. in 1974 from Allegheny College, and from the University of Pittsburgh an M.A. in 1976 and a PhD in 1981. He has written several books about Stephen King and Edgar Allan Poe.
In 2000 King employed Magistrale as a research assistant.
As an expert on King's work he has been called upon to provide commentary tracks when movies based on King's work are released on video. He contributed audio commentary when Maximum Overdrive was released on BluRay in 2018.
- Tiziana Dearing; Zoë Mitchell (October 29, 2019). "Haunted Houses: What Is Drawing People Wanting To Be Scared?". WBUR. Retrieved December 26, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Online Catalogue 2005–06, University of Vermont. URL last accessed April 26, 2006.
- Faculty homepage of Tony Magistrale. URL last accessed April 26, 2006.
- Chris Citorik; Zoë Mitchell (September 5, 2019). "In A 'Stephen King Renaissance,' Why We Find His Stories Alluring". WBUR. Retrieved December 26, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Joe Maddrey (April 24, 2017). "A Tour Of Stephen King's Derry, Hometown Of "IT"". Blumhouse. Archived from the original on April 24, 2017. Retrieved December 26, 2019.
In a 2002 interview with Tony Magistrale, the author spun a yarn about an urban legend that the sewer system in Bangor was so hastily built in the 1930s—while the WPA was throwing money at public works projects—that the town’s engineers “lost track of what they were building under there.” As a result, King says, nobody has a truly reliable map of the Bangor sewer system and “it’s easy to get lost down there.” True or not, it’s a good setup for a horror story. Bill Denbrough essentially repeats this urban legend in IT, right before he and his friends embark on their underworld journey into Pennywise’s labyrinth.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Award Winning Poem of Tony Magistrale. URL last accessed November 19, 2012.
John Squires (August 20, 2018). "Art, Date and Details for Vestron's 'Maximum Overdrive' Blu-ray!Published 1 year ago on August 20, 2018By". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved December 26, 2019.
NEW: Audio Commentary with Writer Tony Magistrale, Author of Hollywood’s Steven King.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)